This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Does anyone know where I can change the 'lighting' effects inside of the .ini file? During experimentation I realized that if my FPS was to drop at all, it would when there would be an abundance of lighting effects. If anyone could give me a heads up it'd be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have got a lot of lag on offline mode which is not letting me play the game.

Anyone know how to fix the whole lag issue so it works perfectly.

I have : Packard Bell Windows Xp Media Center
    Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS
    2GB Ram
    512mb Graphics Card
    3.00 GHz

Anyone HELP PLZ!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT3 Lag

I have got a lot of lag which is not letting me play the game.

Anyone know how to fix the whole lag issue so it works perfectly.

I have : Packard Bell Windows Xp Media Center
    Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS
    2GB Ram
    512mb Graphics Card
    3.00 GHz

Anyone HELP PLZ!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm.
    sad to hear that the game doesn't seem to work on some super high end systems

anyways, my rig runs it fine except the freezing (which prolly is OAL) i changed teh files now and will see what happens, i'll report it if it works/doesn't.

i also set all those isv thingies, but those weren't it, so i hope it is the AOL.

ps: 8800 GT 1gb, 2gb ddr2, E6750, asus p5n-d, realtek onboard 5.1 output thing.

edit:
    it didnt't work at all :<
    and the biggest prob is that it now triggers my unknown video error (i get some pixels in a regular pattern on my screen and the sound goes on or replays the lst 0.5 secs) then i have to restart the pc, hadn't had this be4 is set soem things in the ini, so i set it back and now i hope it works as it did before.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tokiopop View Post
    I can't even get the game to run, never mind tweaking it to make it slightly better. The splash screen loads up, then I get an UT3.exe has stopped working message, and it's begining to really **** me off. -.-
    Do you have an ATI card? If so, did you try this that's posted in the tracked issues thread:

UT.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close: A crash right at launch.
    Solution: If using ATI hardware, ensure "Support DXT Texture Formats" in the Catalyst Control Centre is enabled (3D --> More Settings).
    Solution: If using ATI hardware, in the utengine.ini set the following values:
    Under [Engine.ISVHacks]
    set: DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=False
    set: bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
    set: PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True
    Under [SystemSettings]
    set: OnlyStreamInTextures=True
    Main Thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ighlight=crash

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't even get the game to run, never mind tweaking it to make it slightly better. The splash screen loads up, then I get an UT3.exe has stopped working message, and it's begining to really **** me off. -.-

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My main problem is my p4 3mhz and my new asus m51sn gaming laptop with vista ultimate and nvidia 9500m gs video card t9300 duo core cant log in?
    The xp can play single player ok, the laptop im in on my own but totally blown away with the graphics but no bots as in xp?
    But bf2/bf2142 can play on my xp but punkbuster packet loss on the laptop?
    Yes could be vista ultimate some little problem but bothy machines cant log in?'

Ohh thanks for all those tips surely it must be compiled and stickied right at the top of urt3 forums!
    Fantastic work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
    Greetings, fleshlings.
    -

If you are experiencing an Invalid CD Key error message in Vista, then create a new user profile as a Standard account. I suspect doing the same thing in XP will work, too.

-

More in the next post.
    Ive tried this, tried taking the game abck to the store, for another cd key, tried entering the cd key before and after applying patches. Ive reinstalled this game so many times im on the verge of giving up. Anyone got any other fixes for this?

BUMP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well you may want to try to log into your router using a web browser. It's typically something like:

http://192.168.2.1/

It's an internal IP you can reach, and from there, log in.

You'll want to either look at the manual that came with your router, or go online and try to download a PDF manual that you can read through, in order to find the proper IP Address. Or you could look under your network properties and see what the gateway address is, and then try to log into that. It'll most likely be along the lines of 192.168.X.Y and accessible via your web browser.

I use a tool called Pingplotter which pings a location on the web every second, and it provides me with a graph of activity for the last 10 minutes. By using that, I was able to find out what my problem was. And only through keeping it up, and logging on to my router, did I notice the issue went away.

I believe this to be a wider problem than generally thought to be. I had a previous wifi router from another company, and it exhibited identical problems, though at the time I didn't run a tool like PingPlotter on it and do the testing I've done now.

So far, routers I believe effected by this:
    Belkin 54G
    Netgear 54G

The cheap ones you pick up at a Fry's or Best Buy. Probably not model-specific. It does not seem brand specific. Not sure what exactly causes these hiccups.

Anyhow, my recommendation to you is test using PingPlotter like I do, to see if your connection fades.

Another fix, is to unplug the router (and the DSL/cable mode) but logging in is quicker - and involves practically no downtime. Resetting the modem and router can take you offline for 3 minutes or so.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    You might have an unstable internet connection. I have that issue, personally. I have to log into my cheap 54G wifi router and that somehow stabilizes my connection. Grr.
    Thanks for your reply. I will try my old frog modem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You might have an unstable internet connection. I have that issue, personally. I have to log into my cheap 54G wifi router and that somehow stabilizes my connection. Grr.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to know if anyone was having the same problem as me?
    The game runs fine with no crashing. However when connecting to a CTF server,I lose the connection after playing for a few seconds. The other players are there but I can`t play with them. Any help would be appreciated.
    It works ok on DM & other game modes. 1.2 patch installed

specs:AMD64 3800+, 1GB RAM ,ASUS 7950GT[QUADRO DRIVERS] ,ST546 ROUTER

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey ULT, you got the same video card as me, rock on!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    Greetings, fleshlings.
    -

If you are experiencing an Invalid CD Key error message in Vista, then create a new user profile as a Standard account. I suspect doing the same thing in XP will work, too.

-

More in the next post.
    Ive tried this, tried taking the game abck to the store, for another cd key, tried entering the cd key before and after applying patches. Ive reinstalled this game so many times im on the verge of giving up. Anyone got any other fixes for this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any info on crashes always while about to load a map

Couldnt find info on crashing specifically back to the desktop while loading a map... **** thing is real unstable. I can play one map usualy fine, then the next map it seems to get unstable when its loading the map... I will get a black screen, then it will either come on with the load screen, or give me the terminal error message, at which point I also lose my video signal.. seems that the video signal cuts off and it goes into safe 8 bit color mode. Then the video drops completely and I have to power off.

Sorry realize this may have been asked 100 times, if anyone browsing here knows anything off the top of your head I'd appreciate it

(specs: P4 3.6 ghz, 2gb Ram, 8800GTX, win xp SP2, 1600/1200 intense, all settings maxed)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X