Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump, for a great thread that should be read...

Comment

When i installed that beta patch 1.01 it killed my install and it would crash on start. =[ I still get the Disconnected from server after almost every single DM finishes.

Comment

Welcome to Sticky Town!

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
          Welcome to Sticky Town!

That just sounds disgusting tourist...

Comment

Anyone know why I don't have any options under system settings in my engine folder? All it tells me is that any items in the section will affect all platforms. I remember I could change them on the demo, but nothing for the full version.

Comment

Welcome to Sticky Town!
              :woot:

I know this makes it easier for me to find this post, too. Been a little time consuming opening a window up to find it every now and then to update it.

Comment

Justa heads up on the X-FI OpenAL crash issues.

Hi guys. Creative Labs has been able to duplicate the issue and we're looking into it. Making progress!

Comment

Thx very much!

Comment

What about people that experience OpenAL crash without X-FI cards like me? i have onboard Realtek HD ALC888.

Comment

Originally posted by PhenomFX View Post
                      What about people that experience OpenAL crash without X-FI cards like me? i have onboard Realtek HD ALC888.
                      Good point, I have the same issue.

I'm using Intel's onboard IDT High Definition Audio.

Comment

Good ini setting but they all seem to be binded to each other, you turn AF to 8x and it seem to make the game look worse when it shouldn't. Turn DOF off and all the other setting turn off from post processing.

UT3 is just the worst version ever to tweak, it's a total mess just like the UI settings.

Comment

Some useful tweak information.. saves me some time :P thanks

Comment

cool thx for mentioning me

Comment

My main issue was crashing while joining a game and getting the UT3.exe needs to close error. Plus I would lock up during the cutscenes.(minor issue to me) I Finally decided to go digging through the ini files and tried this fix out in the UTEngine.ini :

[Engine.ISVHacks]
                              UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True
                              bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
                              *I use the Nvidia 7800 GTX*

Cutscenes work fine and I had no trouble joining servers. Tested it by joining 4 different servers. Thanks for the fix Ultron! Now go put in an application at Epic/Midway!

Comment

I followed this guide to tweak UT3 in lowering graphics and smoothing the game. I dont have lowend hardware but still want it to make the game a little bit cleaner. Oh well to my problem.

After I applied the tweaks in this guide the game is sometimes acting choppy right after match start most often 15-20 seconds. It happens always on Coret but not always on other CTF maps. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Like I said I didnt have this problem with choppines before the tweaks and no patches was applied in between either.

Comment

Working...
                                X