This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heatherrr View Post
    will the lower graphic changes help me with my sh*tty graphics card? my log file says i didnt support shader model 2.0. could this help me get around that?
    Sorry, but no - SM 2.0 is required for this game according to the minimum specs on the box.

np: Boxcutter - Mossy (Oneiric)

Comment

yea well that sucks, cause i meet all the other requirements. i wish you could just download shader model 2.0 and install it to your card or something. im returning my game more than likely. were going to build a new computer with a quad core processor but its going to take some time to save up some money

Comment

Thanks man, nice guide

Comment

Originally posted by heatherrr View Post
          yea well that sucks, cause i meet all the other requirements. i wish you could just download shader model 2.0 and install it to your card or something. im returning my game more than likely. were going to build a new computer with a quad core processor but its going to take some time to save up some money
          You can buy a card for $100 that will play the game with Shader Model 3. 8600GT 256MB version.

Comment

One question on these settings which I've done. Section 2
            for high quality.

In game the sliders now show 1 textures and 1 detail.

Is that correct?
            If I change these will my INI settings be changed also, I assume?

Somewhat confusing.

Comment

Nice guide....

Comment

From Wartourist:

How to run a Clean Setup (start here for general instability):
                http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815069

Please reinstall the latest DirectX from the Microsoft website (also a possible solution for general stability issues):
                www.microsoft.com/directx
                -

The RAD Video Tools [1.2 MB]

This will help you play the single player campaign videos, by the company who created the encoder Epic used to make those videos.

One caveat, the speech from the characters will not play, as they are scripted audio based on the language used in the installer. But man you get to view the videos in high quality.

-

I found another good bit of information:

Originally posted by ANick View Post
                Actually if you leave bSmoothFrameRate=True

Then set:

MinSmoothedFrameRate=30
                MaxSmoothedFrameRate=150

You will bypass the 90 online cap if your cpu and gpu is good! I can get over 100 sometimes in online games 7600GT and p4 2.8 DC both OC though!
                And now to answer a question:

Originally posted by msny View Post
                One question on these settings which I've done. Section 2
                for high quality.

In game the sliders now show 1 textures and 1 detail.

Is that correct?
                If I change these will my INI settings be changed also, I assume?

Somewhat confusing.
                The instant you change settings in the INI that are outside the parameters of the ingame settings either the texture or world detail slider gets artificially dropped to 1 in-game. However none of the other settings are effected. The instant you move that slider, however, and apply the new settings, any out of sync parameter gets forced back into place to whatever it is supposed to be for that ingame slider setting.

Bottom line is don't alter either of those two sliders in-game after you tweak the configuration files.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                  From Wartourist:

-

The RAD Video Tools [1.2 MB]

This will help you play the single player campaign videos, by the company who created the encoder Epic used to make those videos.

One caveat, the speech from the characters will not play, as they are scripted audio based on the language used in the installer. But man you get to view the videos in high quality.

-

I found another good bit of information:

And now to answer a question:

The instant you change settings in the INI that are outside the parameters of the ingame settings either the texture or world detail slider gets artificially dropped to 1 in-game. However none of the other settings are effected. The instant you move that slider, however, and apply the new settings, any out of sync parameter gets forced back into place to whatever it is supposed to be for that ingame slider setting.

Bottom line is don't alter either of those two sliders in-game after you tweak the configuration files.
                  Another great tip i will try and thanks for answering my question.

Perfect, this is the thread to check for tweaks and troubleshooting.

Comment

If you get this error message:

Error 1628: "Failed to complete script based install"

Click on the link above to read more about how to resolve that InstallShield issue.

-

To remove deathsounds - the level-dependant noise that sounds off in the background when you kill someone:

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                    Open \My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini, find the section labeled [UTGame.UTMusicManager] and set StingerVolumeMultiplier to 0.

Comment

any fixes for the .exe ?

Comment

Actually if you leave bSmoothFrameRate=True

Then set:

MinSmoothedFrameRate=30
                        MaxSmoothedFrameRate=150

You will bypass the 90 online cap if your cpu and gpu is good! I can get over 100 sometimes in online games 7600GT and p4 2.8 DC both OC though!
                        I'd like to report that this really does work online.
                        I'm running 75mzh 1152 x 864, so my cap shows
                        around 75fps steady.

The display quality is noticeable for me. Very smooth.

Using 2405FPW 24" Dell LCD high quality settings from 1st post..

Comment

Adding another fix that's worked for others with older ATI cards.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=589591

Originally posted by Craz View Post
                          I am using a low end graphics card (ATI 9600). Seems the Catalyst is the problem. I have not changed any of my .ini's or anything else with the game. I have not been able to get this thing fired up since I bought it. With the catalyst removed from my system, seems the game runs fine. I only have the drivers for the card itself installed and my refresh rate is at 60 hz.

I hope this helps some of you all out that are also having this issue. I really like ATI cards, but for some reason, that catalyst has given me alot of problems in the past as well as with this game now.
                          -

I've been wondering about what this OnlyStreamInTextures feature is about, and it appears hukus has found the answer for me.

Originally posted by hukus View Post
                          IF YOU WISH SMOOTH GAMEPLAY WITH NO STUTTER, USE OnlyStreamInTextures=True
                          That's pretty nifty. For anyone that is experiencing some hitching, try setting that option up in the UTEngine.ini

Comment

Adding these to my thread here until I can sort them out better.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590232

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                            You can also bypass the autorun and run the installed manually off your dvd drive. The file is SetupUT3.exe and it's in the root of the disc.
                            This should be used as a last resort should installation fail.

-

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590655

For the serial key issue where you have to keep entering it every time you start the game.

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                            Right click on your UT3.exe shortcut and choose properties. At the end of the "Target" line add a space then -nohomedir

Let us know if that helps. There is more information about it here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587940
                            -

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=589142

This is for the d3dx10_35.dll error you get after installing the game an attempting to launch the game for the first time.

"The application or DLL c:\windows\system32\d3dx10_35.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Originally posted by raganza
                            since there is no posibility to "uninstall" directx, i thought when the d3d10_x.dll files are no good, directx update will replace them, but the update stuff of windows just looks whether there is a file with the proper name and filesize, and thats it.

first i updated directX via microsoft update. it didnt help

because the problem was with a d3d10_35.dll i renamed the *d10*.dll files, and did a update again. it still didnt help.

of course i did dxdiag but dxdiag said "no errors"

i already thougt about formating a redo windows install, when i thought, well just delete ALL dx dll files and do a update again.

i just deleted ALL d3dx_something.dll files and did a update again.

know it works all fine.

just doing a directX update is not enough, you have to delete the dx dll files before, and redo directX install.

Comment

Thanks for the Engine.ini tip it took care of the intro movie freeze up great! You the Man!

Comment

No problem. There are a ton of people behind this thread, I am just compiling stuff together. Take care!

Comment

Working...
                                X