This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Sorry....Run Winxp Pro....But if your only Comparing DM DECK, I think it's a problem we all have with this map, I know I do, and in exactly the same places, but system's not as good as yours Does this happen with other maps, either with stock or add-on maps?....DM Deck, I know to be quite bad in some places with FPS slow downs

Swifty

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am having lots of issues with my UT3 on Vista 64bit with stutters near portals and bad fps in most maps with out bots.

my fps on dm deck for example is 60 in most parts until I get to the redeemer portal then it stutters and drops to 20 and if I am in the room where the bio gun is looking out towards the redemeer window my fps drops to 40 and stutters but if there is any bots shooting at me it drops as low as 18.

I currently use the following in my computer

Main board: MSI P6n SLI Platinum
    Processor: 2.4Ghz Quad
    GPU: Nvidia XFX Geforce-285
    Sound: Sound blaster X-fi fatal1ty pro gamer edition
    Ram:OCZ Platinum ddr2 1066
    HD. 7200RPM 500gb western digital
    DVD drive: DVD Multi recorder rw dvd-r-dl

any clues to what may cause this rediculeous slow down?

I have tried a 8800gtx and sli 8800gtx as well but I think the fault of my slow fps even on minor detail is the motherboard. p6n sli is a piece of junk

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Star Weaver View Post
    Ummm, if your INI lines have +'s in front of them you're looking at one of the default/include inis from the game dir.
    Have you tried
    My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config/UTEngine.ini ?
    Thanks Star Weaver, should have checked that myself.. Got it to work now,

Cheers m8 for your help....owe you a pint

Swifty

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ummm, if your INI lines have +'s in front of them you're looking at one of the default/include inis from the game dir.
    Have you tried
    My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config/UTEngine.ini ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BUMP!!!.....Does ANYBODY know????
    Thanks

Swifty

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry if this has already been answered, can't find any thing though the search

I have the STEAM install of UT3, and would like to turn off the start-up intro screens (Yes, I know you can click through them, just wonna turn them off completely)

I have done the script out in the UTEngine.ini file,

[FullScreenMovie]
    ;+StartupMovies=Copyright_PC
    ;+StartupMovies=EpicLogo
    ;+StartupMovies=MidwayLogo
    ;+StartupMovies=UE3_logo
    ;+StartupMovies=Nvidia_PC
    ;+StartupMovies=Intel_Duo_Logo
    ;+StartupMovies=UT_loadmovie1

The path for STEAM is:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\UTGame\Config. UTEngine.ini
    But they STILL appear Can they be turned off in STEAM? Which file do I need to find to do this?

Many thanks
    Swifty

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron
    To remove deathsounds - the level-dependant noise that sounds off in the background when you kill someone:

Open \My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini, find the section labeled [UTGame.UTMusicManager] and set StingerVolumeMultiplier to 0.
    Dude, you saved the game for me. I've been trying to figure that out all afternoon. That obnoxious noise was ruining the game - thanks!!!

Also, the UT3 Tweaker link on the first page is broken now - you might want to just link to the thread on it: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594723.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can someone help me first ? Who have good klowenge about UT III Engine tweaks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Backfire View Post
    Tweaks don't work worth a ****. Game still wont ****ing run after 2.0 patch, neither does the editor. Thanks for nothing. Yes, you bet I'm ****** and feel like speaking my mind. Ban me if you want but you guys have completely dropped the ball. After a whole month you still have not address the issues people are having except to say. Delete your ini file here, here and here.

It don't work. OK. Your Jury rigged fix it with duct tape ideas are just as much **** as the patch.
    Can I try and help?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tweaks don't work worth a ****. Game still wont ****ing run after 2.0 patch, neither does the editor. Thanks for nothing. Yes, you bet I'm ****** and feel like speaking my mind. Ban me if you want but you guys have completely dropped the ball. After a whole month you still have not address the issues people are having except to say. Delete your ini file here, here and here.

It don't work. OK. Your Jury rigged fix it with duct tape ideas are just as much **** as the patch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
    Or you could try the Mirror's Edge forums located here: http://on-mirrors-edge.com/forums/
    Lol ofc not Those people don't have any clue about somthing more that "Options" menu. I want to someone take look at ME cfg files and look for something interesting etc.

Does UT III Tweaks will work in ME ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Or you could try the Mirror's Edge forums located here: http://on-mirrors-edge.com/forums/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello !
    Since i don't know anything about UE3 options, can somone help me with Mirrors Edge tweaks ? How to enable console ? FPS ? etc.

Or maybe you will select some person and i will chat with him ? Fell free to contact me via ICQ/MSN.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
    It sounds like your Windows login account is not an administrator account. Try again after logging in using an administrator account.
    I expected this answer. Unfortunately, this is the administrator account as far as I know. There are two accounts, both are mine and I have full access to them. I don't even remember why I made the second one though. With this I suppose I will go to the other account and attempt to delete the files now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It sounds like your Windows login account is not an administrator account. Try again after logging in using an administrator account.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X