• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to say thanks, your post fixed my main problem of crashing

Comment

Great.Thanks a lot.
      Now I can able to play 1024x748 with my nvidia 6600

Comment

I've not read this whole thread so apologies if this has been covered, but here's something I've found out.. I play UT3 on an old 3.2Ghz P4 with AGPx8 Nvidia GeForce7800GS at 640x480 and I've found I get around a 20% improvement in framerate if i DISABLE the CPU HyperThreading in the BIOS.

Comment

Also for high speed settings you suggest:
          * ShadowFilterQualityBias=1

But that seems to turn the shadow detail to maximum.. Using the UI and setting the shadow details to minimum is shown in the INI file as:
          * ShadowFilterQualityBias=-1

Same thing with ParticleLODBias. Setting
          * ParticleLODBias=0
          Is reflected in the UI as maximum detail for effects. But by setting the detail to low the INI file then reads
          * ParticleLODBias=2147483647

And same thing with SkeletalMeshLODBias. For speed you suggest
          * SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
          But that sets the model details to highest... To set it to lowest you need
          * SkeletalMeshLODBias=2

Comment

You do realize these tweaks were posted pre-Titan, right?
            In fact, they were posted in 07 and it doesn't look like it's been edited since

Comment

I Just bought this UT3 on steam the day before, that's nice and all, but my problem is I cant play it at all. I have all the right drivers and what not, but the problem is direct x... I read your post, and I know that "If you get a "d3dx10_35.dll" error you get after installing the game an attempting to launch the game for the first time, you need to delete all the dx dll files under the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Then you have to reinstall the latest version of DirectX." is probably the answer. I attempted to do this, I went to system 32 and browsed the files and started right clicking and selecting to delete "dxdiagn.dll, dxgi.dll, dxmasf.dll, dxtmsft.dll, dxtrans.dll and dxca2.dll. The problem however is, I cannot It claims that I do not have permission to do so. I coul click the "try again" button all I want, but it will never do a thing. Please enlighten me on how to even delete these things.

Comment

It sounds like your Windows login account is not an administrator account. Try again after logging in using an administrator account.

Comment

Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
                  It sounds like your Windows login account is not an administrator account. Try again after logging in using an administrator account.
                  I expected this answer. Unfortunately, this is the administrator account as far as I know. There are two accounts, both are mine and I have full access to them. I don't even remember why I made the second one though. With this I suppose I will go to the other account and attempt to delete the files now.

Comment

Hello !
                    Since i don't know anything about UE3 options, can somone help me with Mirrors Edge tweaks ? How to enable console ? FPS ? etc.

Or maybe you will select some person and i will chat with him ? Fell free to contact me via ICQ/MSN.

Comment

Or you could try the Mirror's Edge forums located here: http://on-mirrors-edge.com/forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
                        Or you could try the Mirror's Edge forums located here: http://on-mirrors-edge.com/forums/
                        Lol ofc not Those people don't have any clue about somthing more that "Options" menu. I want to someone take look at ME cfg files and look for something interesting etc.

Does UT III Tweaks will work in ME ?

Comment

Tweaks don't work worth a ****. Game still wont ****ing run after 2.0 patch, neither does the editor. Thanks for nothing. Yes, you bet I'm ****** and feel like speaking my mind. Ban me if you want but you guys have completely dropped the ball. After a whole month you still have not address the issues people are having except to say. Delete your ini file here, here and here.

It don't work. OK. Your Jury rigged fix it with duct tape ideas are just as much **** as the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire View Post
                            Tweaks don't work worth a ****. Game still wont ****ing run after 2.0 patch, neither does the editor. Thanks for nothing. Yes, you bet I'm ****** and feel like speaking my mind. Ban me if you want but you guys have completely dropped the ball. After a whole month you still have not address the issues people are having except to say. Delete your ini file here, here and here.

It don't work. OK. Your Jury rigged fix it with duct tape ideas are just as much **** as the patch.
                            Can I try and help?

Comment

Can someone help me first ? Who have good klowenge about UT III Engine tweaks

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron
                                To remove deathsounds - the level-dependant noise that sounds off in the background when you kill someone:

Open \My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini, find the section labeled [UTGame.UTMusicManager] and set StingerVolumeMultiplier to 0.
                                Dude, you saved the game for me. I've been trying to figure that out all afternoon. That obnoxious noise was ruining the game - thanks!!!

Also, the UT3 Tweaker link on the first page is broken now - you might want to just link to the thread on it: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594723.

Comment

Working...
                                X