Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS and i have the ditor crashing problem, triple buffering was disabled and it still doesnt work, and i cant find riva tuner anywhere, am i not looking in the right spot?

Comment

Riva Tuner at Guru3D

Comment

does riva tuner save your settings at all? nvidia cpanel doesnt really seem too even if i create the profile for it, so i have to crank up the settings and fan speed every time i start, sometimes i go straight into playing and foorget to put the fan on full power, since in auto mode it does a horrible job of cooling it off

Comment

Hello Ultron,

Ran across your program UT3 Tweaks. Sounded fantastic so downloaded and installed it. Thought I'd done what it said on startup in choosing the correct two folder paths, but it didn't run. I assume those choices weren't correct and am hoping you might guide to the correct program paths to set UT3 Tweaks. Am using Vista Ultimate, 4 GB RAM, a Core 2 and dual Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT. UT3 runs well despite minor audio complaints which may be due to the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer sound card driver.

Have to admit I was better at manipulating prior UT games, but became rusty from a long hiatus. Now that I have a machine able to run UT3 (had it sitting in a drawer all this time taunting me), I'm ready to rock again. When I read your program helps install mods/maps and corrects aim, was thrilled for any and all help with it as I can't seem to find a guide explaining how for the PC online. What you might offer to get your program running would be entirely appreciated.

Programs like yours make games work as they should and effort you've put into doing this is impressive. Thanks!

Comment

Um, think I posted in the wrong place... lol tabbed browsing error. Have the software creator's name wrong too. Dang. One of those days.

Meant to put this post here:
            http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ht=install+mod

Have been searching around looking for answers and posted out of desperation finally. Sorry about the mistake. Meant well. At least I had the right site, which is some consolation. hehe

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure why everyone says the x1300 isn't recommended... see my sig for specs. No problem playing (800x600, though higher resolutions get choppy *very* quickly).
              I guess I'm just in it for the game.... I don't need the eye candy to have fun, though it sure is purty

Comment

I still need help, I have tried all the tweaks, but I still only get 5-10 min of game time before the game freezes on me in multi and single player. I'm at my wits end.

System:
                Athlon 64 2.4 3400+
                2 GB Ram
                Radeon x1300 512MB
                XP pro sp2

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor87 View Post
                  I still need help, I have tried all the tweaks, but I still only get 5-10 min of game time before the game freezes on me in multi and single player. I'm at my wits end.

System:
                  Athlon 64 2.4 3400+
                  2 GB Ram
                  Radeon x1300 512MB
                  XP pro sp2
                  hardware issues, not game more than likely

Comment

Yeah X1300's aren't the best for rendering this game, but with some tweaks such as lower video resolution, and a bit of the eye candy turned off, it can be playable. Best thing to do is, when you have the chance/money, upgrade your video card and you'll see a world of difference.

Comment

hey when i install all 3 pacthes for ut3 on pc my game crashes it loads up and that but when i enter the game the mouse wont mover everything else is okay any help plz?

Comment

patch 1.3 comes with an adjustable FOV bar. Is there any recommended tweaks for my rig? I actually like playing it at max resolution and detail for the eye candy - while i have quake tweaked to high hell.

Comment

Nice little tweaks to make things nicer, now some things should be better, thanks!

Comment

Ultron - where is your initial thread on the earlier tweaks? I just got a new card 8800GTS for my computer from a GForce 6100 (obvious why ut3 wasn't working).
                            Also - I think this will do the trick, right? I tried to download from the MSI site where I got the card from & got a msg. that I can only get updates for XP & earlier. I have Vista - any suggestions?
                            I'm also getting intermittent frame freezes for a cple. of secs on some maps - how can I fix this??
                            I'm an old time UT99 guy & never have this problem.

Comment

uhhh i used 1.1 and used this as my UTgame folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame

and installation folder i have no idea? what do i use for that please thanks =)

Comment

Originally posted by amer6179 View Post
                                uhhh i used 1.1 and used this as my UTgame folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame

and installation folder i have no idea? what do i use for that please thanks =)
                                This page should answer your questions: CLICK In particular, read the section on "using the -nohomedir parameter" and the last paragraph of the "your <rootdir>" section.

Comment

Working...
                                X