Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me some time guys, I'll do some research.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
      anakin, I have missed it, but what are your system specs? For example

HP Pavillion a6350z
      AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (CPU)
      2GB RAM
      ATI Radeon 2600XT 256MB (video card)
      Creative Labs Audigy SE (sound card)

Something like that. I'm convinced it's not a video problem. I think it's either audio (for example OpenAL or something else) or perhaps a corrupt install.
      Thanks for all the help Ultron. We all seem to be in the same boat. and btw, my specs are 3.4 P4, 4GB of RAM, big-honkin' hard drive, (that's a technical term...hehe), ATI Radeon X1600 XT extreme gamer edition with 512 of DDR3 on board, Sound Blaster Audigy 4, and a Logitech G7.

-Mav

Comment

I may be a noob but???How can I bench mark my rig on UT3?
        ABIT:motherboard
        Chipset:550
        CPU: AMD socket AM2 4200 2.53mghz
        1048 meg ram ddr2
        NVIDIA 8500 gt
        Creative: Audigy 2 ZS
        COMCAST: CABLE>>>>ZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Its prolly coz of the map that you are running at the time

Comment

Hey also i have another puter with a ATI 9800 AIW
            and a AMD:XP2400+
            What gives?
            Keeps giving me an error and at times before a ati driver install rebooting the rig?
            Opps I have 1024 gigs of ram too.

Comment

BTW.Im using XP pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Briz600 View Post
                Does DetailMode=4 makes a difference over the DetailMode=2 ?
                I question this as well, all I noticed was my framerate drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem View Post
                  about drivers: i tried them all !
                  For me that is not the solution.

Tried something new!
                  I first deinstalled ut3 and ageia complete.
                  Then cleaned up my harddrive.
                  Also went into REGEDIT and removed in my registry all that with the name UT3 on it.
                  Then run RechMechanic cleaner.
                  Then defragged whole system.
                  Rebooted computer.
                  Installed new on another partion of my harddisk called F.
                  Also went to Ageia page and downloaded / installed aegia update
                  http://www.ageia.com/drivers/drivers.html
                  Then defragged F
                  Started up ut3 and it runs ok for now.
                  I will let you know if this stays the same or that it will crash again.

PFFFFF...what a work to install a computergame ......

Monday my new computer goes to the shop where i bought it.
                  They will look into it.
                  Nothing helps, computer crashes with ut3, wathever i do.
                  I,m not happy !

Willem.

Comment

Wat een werk ja

Just make sure ya have latest drivers, and wait for the next patch.

Comment

Knock, knock, McFly, hey McFly, anyone there??

Anyone from tech support troll these forums? Pleeeese, pleeese, help me solve why this game won't play on my new machine.

Comment

K so i installed this game other day, after installing gears of war and finding out my computer basically sucks and 12 gigs ~20 min install later...it runs like **** =\

so my 3 year old system, having been able to play games in the past i thought hey lets install UT3 and see how it runs....

i installed it, loaded, and wow it aucutally runs well enough to play. Granted, it looks a little dull, and blurry, in places, but i really didnt pay much attention to the graphics as i blasted my way through single play campain,

yes, i am going to update my computer, and yes i will teak the f*** out of it on high settings..someday....

but for now it ran great, no glitches, or freezes, and my system BARELY makes the recommended

Now here is the reason i am posting, i've had several issues, and each time i have came here and found my answer, but now i found one that apparently everyone is expeirencing and no real fix for it yet

First lets look at my computer specs

AMD64 3500+ (single core) @ 2.1ghz (no overlock)
                        2 Gigs of Ram (Corsair 800's i think)
                        Asus A8nx SLI Premium
                        ATI Raedon X850 Pro 256, PCIE card (single card, powercolor oem)
                        Windows XP

Looking at video cards recommended, i fall somewhere in the ancient cards, and the bare minium cards.

Here is my issue, i played all the way through campain mode, loved the game was a fantastic ride, played many hours of offline instant action, fixed all my small issues (cinematics locking up)

I figured, hey 1.1 patch is available, i've finished the game, itchin to play back through it, so i was like lets download 1.1 and play through again, on hard mode...

Download, install patch, fire it up again...black screen, instant crash back to desktop, game closes, no error message from windows...try a few more times, nothing...

log file

Critical: appError called:
                        Critical: Result failed
                        at .\Src\D3D9Device.cpp:634
                        with error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
                        Critical: Windows GetLastError: The handle is invalid. (6)
                        Log: === Critical error: ===
                        Result failed

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812a7b (filename not found)
                        CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e69 (filename not found)
                        Address = 0xb2caf2 (filename not found)
                        Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
                        Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
                        Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
                        Log: FaceFX shutdown.
                        Exit: Exiting.
                        Exit: Name subsystem shutting down

I use Omega drivers, newest version, havent tried 7.12 catalyst drivers, as single player used to work, now 1.1 makes it not work for some reason

I have an X-FI sound card, xtreme fatality edition, never had an issue in any game, ever, period

Got latest drivers for it (about to install) there is beta drivers released on 1/09/08 and maybe that will help, although its pretty obvious a video related error, but cant hurt to rule everything out

Going to re-install non-patched see if its 1.1 for sure (probally) and only solution i guess is to play non-patched....which is lame

I'll keep active in this forum, and post anything i figure out, this is really frustrating, its going to bother me till i figure it out, because once i do get a better gaming system, i want to play it to the fullest max, and proper patches that dont crash my game.

later

Comment

Great thread Ultron thanks.

Im having a problem where when a certain effect is onscreen the framerate drops strangely. It is the effect I can only call the 'tactic bubble' which appears near nodes on the larger warfare maps and has the low res video feed/picture of your base core- when used it will bring up the tactical command screen. Its unlikely to be my system as the rest of the game runs like a dream at max settings in 1280x1024. My system being a Q6600 quad core (stock speeds atm), 4GB DDR2-667 (4-4-4-12), TWIN BFG-8800GTXoc GPU's in SLi, in an Asus P5N32E-SLI+ mobo.

The game runs beautifully when I'm looking anywhere but at one of these bubbles... If anyone has an .ini tweak or any way to turn this effect off or render the video feed static please let me know. I've tried changing my processor affinity, updating with the patch and the new driver, all to no avail

Please help so i can actually sit down and enjoy this game.

P.S. are the single player cinematics in-engine footage? If so then it's pretty as hell... In game characters are moving about too fast for me to actually tell... clever clever Epic Thanks for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Saphhire1983 View Post
                            K so i installed this game other day, after installing gears of war and finding out my computer basically sucks and 12 gigs ~20 min install later...it runs like **** =\

so my 3 year old system, having been able to play games in the past i thought hey lets install UT3 and see how it runs....

i installed it, loaded, and wow it aucutally runs well enough to play. Granted, it looks a little dull, and blurry, in places, but i really didnt pay much attention to the graphics as i blasted my way through single play campain,

yes, i am going to update my computer, and yes i will teak the f*** out of it on high settings..someday....

but for now it ran great, no glitches, or freezes, and my system BARELY makes the recommended

Now here is the reason i am posting, i've had several issues, and each time i have came here and found my answer, but now i found one that apparently everyone is expeirencing and no real fix for it yet

First lets look at my computer specs

AMD64 3500+ (single core) @ 2.1ghz (no overlock)
                            2 Gigs of Ram (Corsair 800's i think)
                            Asus A8nx SLI Premium
                            ATI Raedon X850 Pro 256, PCIE card (single card, powercolor oem)
                            Windows XP

Looking at video cards recommended, i fall somewhere in the ancient cards, and the bare minium cards.

Here is my issue, i played all the way through campain mode, loved the game was a fantastic ride, played many hours of offline instant action, fixed all my small issues (cinematics locking up)

I figured, hey 1.1 patch is available, i've finished the game, itchin to play back through it, so i was like lets download 1.1 and play through again, on hard mode...

Download, install patch, fire it up again...black screen, instant crash back to desktop, game closes, no error message from windows...try a few more times, nothing...

log file

Critical: appError called:
                            Critical: Result failed
                            Critical: Windows GetLastError: The handle is invalid. (6)
                            Log: === Critical error: ===
                            Result failed

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812a7b (filename not found)
                            CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e69 (filename not found)
                            Address = 0xb2caf2 (filename not found)
                            Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
                            Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
                            Log: FaceFX shutdown.
                            Exit: Exiting.
                            Exit: Name subsystem shutting down

I use Omega drivers, newest version, havent tried 7.12 catalyst drivers, as single player used to work, now 1.1 makes it not work for some reason

I have an X-FI sound card, xtreme fatality edition, never had an issue in any game, ever, period

Got latest drivers for it (about to install) there is beta drivers released on 1/09/08 and maybe that will help, although its pretty obvious a video related error, but cant hurt to rule everything out

Going to re-install non-patched see if its 1.1 for sure (probally) and only solution i guess is to play non-patched....which is lame

I'll keep active in this forum, and post anything i figure out, this is really frustrating, its going to bother me till i figure it out, because once i do get a better gaming system, i want to play it to the fullest max, and proper patches that dont crash my game.

later
                            I used to be able to run this game flawlessly for about two months... Recently I've been getting crashes like yours.

Guess I better try going back to previous version. Will check back later and say if I notice any changes.

Comment

I've tried uninstalling the patch (I didn't try playing the game until I installed the patch), no luck. I've uninstalled the game & the patch then reinstalled just the game. Again, no luck. Maybe the game would have played if I had never installed the patch, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem View Post
                                Monday my new computer goes to the shop where i bought it.
                                They will look into it.
                                Nothing helps, computer crashes with ut3, wathever i do.
                                I,m not happy !

Willem.
                                So much for hard work. Are you atheist yet?!

Comment

Working...
                                X