Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Ultron's UT3 Tweaks

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    Just to be clear, if a server you log into, does not have the mutator enabled, or you are not playing Duel, that keybind will not work.
    I've seen some of the reasons that ThrowWeapon is disallowed 99% of the time, I still don't agree with them :|

Comment

I've got a problem, UT3 is casuing the VPU on my ATI Radeon 9600 256mb card with the 7-12 driver. I've updated UT3 to Version 1.1 done the tweaks found in this thread, but it still does it.
      I can run UT2004 on the 1280x1024 res with max graphics, and since changing to the 7-12 driver performance in City of Heroes has improved. For some reason I can Crysis with out any problems on a rig according to EA it shouldn't even run on.

System specs-
      AMD Athalon 2000+
      1gb of ram
      ATI Radeon 9600 256mb with 7-12 driver

System meets all minimum requirements to run UT3

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post

Just to be clear, if a server you log into, does not have the mutator enabled, or you are not playing Duel, that keybind will not work.
        Ah in that case never mind. Thanks anyway.

Comment

big problem

hey ultron because im not so smart i think i need some private help plz.

firts i installed the game and wanted to play it but it sad error;1628
          oke i repaired it by deleting a file dont know what it was called, but oke that was one problem i solved but then is reinstalled it and now i want to play it and it doesnt work it hangs and i get a feedback ( i dont know if it is called that way i hope that you know what i mean). plz help me what to do and al the things you sad i read but i dont get it im to dumb can you plz help me?

P.S. sorry for my English

ty in advanced

Comment

I need help to.

My problem is when ever I set a detial slider below 5 I get major FPS stuttering issues and I have no clue what is causing it. Now when I play everything maxed out I dont experience this problem. What is the cause? Anyone help? Just PM me if you have an answer please. But explain it a bit. Also I'm using Windows XP32bit.

Also, When I'm playing with the detial slider lower then 5(max) and with Screen percentage down, I dont experience this problem...

Comment

What is the fix for the UT3.exe has an encountered an error???
              I've been searching the forums for hours and have found NO fix, please help me.

Comment

Seriously, read the opening post, I put in a ton of fixes to different problem there. I know it's a bit daunting to read through, but give it a shot.

psycho 17, regarding error 1628:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108464

Go there and read up about it. But essentially get all your latest Windows updates in order to get the Window3s installer you need, and clean your temp directories. You might also have to open the Task Manager with Ctrl-Alt-Del and stop any of these names:

setup.exe
                isetup.exe
                ikernel.exe
                msiexec.exe
                idriver.exe
                IsUninst.exe
                IsUn16.exe
                Uninst.exe
                Uninst16.exe

-

V4.SKUNK, Often the "Windows has encountered and error" issue is a result of a _really_ old video card that is installed in the machine, and you need to upgrade to a better video card, in the bare minimum.

-

Enforcer-5, regarding the Detail Slider issue. Set the Texture Detail slider to 2, but the World Detail slider can still be set to 5. I'm under the personal opinion that there's no additional texture quality difference when the Texture Slider is set above 2, but there is still some impact with regards to memory being used with the higher setting.

Comment

None of the tweaks worked for me. I have a rig running a 3.4 P4, 4GB of RAM, big-honkin' hard drive, (that's a technical term...hehe), ATI Radeon X1600 XT extreme gamer edition with 512 of DDR3 on board, Sound Blaster Audigy 4, and a Logitech G7. I did get the game to run on a lesser notebook that is running an nVidia Gforce 8400 and it runs fine but not on my "big rig" that plays all other games that I review, including Crysis. Weird, huh?

Again, my main problem is that the game will not run at all...will only show the splash screen opening but not even try to boot into the game. I have made all the ATI changes to the UTEngine.ini file for the borderline ATI cards and updated the drivers and still no change. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Same thing here. The game freezes at the splash screen. I've tried every fix listed on this site and nothing. $50 down the drain.

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you so mush I thought i was a gonner

Comment

I'm also still waiting for a fix. All respect to Ultron, but isn't it Epic who should be telling us what to do ?

Ain't fair to have us pay for being beta testers :/

Comment

I agree. This whole thing is driving me nuts.

Comment

For what it's worth, this is what's happening to me:

The title screen comes up but that's it. My processor pegs out at 100% and stays there but the game progresses no further.

I am able to launch the game if I go in the Unreal Front End and disable sound. However, there is no sound (of course) and the game extends beyond the edges of my monitor. If I go into setup and try to change the resolution or change it to windowed mode, the game crashes.

I had no problem installing the game and I am running the latest patch.

Here is my computer's set-up:
                            Windows Vista Home Premium
                            Gigabyte Aurora 3D 570
                            OCZ GameXStream Power Supply (NVIDIA SLI-Ready)
                            Seagate ST3500630AS 500GB 16MB SATA II X2
                            Asus P5K Deluxe
                            Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Retail with Heatsink
                            Corsair Dominator 2GB Matched kit (2X1GB DDR2)
                            LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model LH-20A1L-05 - OEM
                            MSI RX2600XT-T2D512EZ Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Silent Heat Pipe Video Card - Retail
                            Samsung SyncMaster 226BW
                            Kingston DTR2GB 2GB DataTraveler ReadyFlash USB 2.0 Drive With ReadyBoost
                            Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1600

Please note, my system is not overclocked and is 100% stable.

I have all the updated drivers for all components. Plus, I tried uninstalling OpenAL with no luck.

BTW - This is the only game I have trouble playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Peiter View Post
                              I'm also still waiting for a fix. All respect to Ultron, but isn't it Epic who should be telling us what to do ?

Ain't fair to have us pay for being beta testers :/
                              please stay on topic.

we dont want this thread closed by moderators.

Comment

...none of the tweaks worked for me :c

Comment

Working...
                                X