Flickering after 20 mins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickering after 20 mins.

My UT3 runs great for about 20 -25 mins then all of the sudden ill start getting this flickering. It will start out small with like just my model in 3rd person and close objects, but if i dont restart ut3 it will build up and eventually everything starts flickering in and out like crazy.

Im running a dell xps laptop right now with a 7900gs graphics card.

Any ideas?

Edit: I used Ntune recently and checked my GPU temp before and after this occurs and the temp stays right around 65-70C the entire time.

im having about the same problem it seems, with an 8800gts 320mb.. 163.75 drivers. things start flickering black.

Comment

Same problem here too. Also running a Dell XPS 710 with the GeForce 7900 GS graphics card.

The issue happened during a LAN game. Yes, I have the latest drivers. It's a fresh install of Vista with several visits to the support websites of my various pieces of hardware.

Just a laugh a minute, this game.

Comment

Any ideas please? Still cant get it to stop doing this ****. Tried everything i can think of so far.

Comment

Try turning your texture detail down and see if the problem persists!

Comment

I had a similar problem on a desktop PC, core2duo + 8600 GTS. I used the nVidia nTune software to turn the GPU fan on manual control + max speed and the problem went away.

Comment

ive tried that, but whe i go into Ntune the options for the fan are all greyed out. I dont even know if my video card has a fan? As i am on a laptop.

Comment

ugh...... help me

Comment

Originally posted by phreakindee View Post
                  im having about the same problem it seems, with an 8800gts 320mb.. 163.75 drivers. things start flickering black.
                  I have the same specs and the same problem. Running Vista (for another day or 2, not this but other issues with gaming and general speed).

My questions would be...
                  1. Vista or XP?
                  2. What Video Card (ATI or nVIDIA) & Driver Version?

As for turning down texturing, I considered it and wanted to check here first. It shouldn't have anything to do with it since it runs fine until some point.

It's actually a clipping issue. It finally gets unplayable when opponents and vehicles are nearly cloaked and you're running into walls that are flickering on and off.

Comment

I've got a 7900GS and this happens with me as well.

I find that ALT-ENTER to switch to windowed and then back to fullscreen makes the flickering go away for a while.

Comment

ahh thank god im not the only one, ye im getting it after a good half hour or so then everything flichers and gets worse the more you play. this has only happened when i had everything (GFX) on 1 to see how it looked but im normally on 4 and it never done it then or mayby i didnt give it long enough.

8800gts 320 163.75 forceware
                      C2D 2.4
                      2 gig ddr2
                      vista ultimate

Comment

still no solution? back to front page you go.

Comment

maybe it has something to do with vista? iono, throwing stuff out there now.

Comment

someone think of something? i know you want to.

Comment

Im getting the same problem.

Shut down the game and re-open gets rid of it.
                              Its just a matter of time before it returns though.

Comment

Working...
                              X