Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Weird FPS Drops / Poor performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird FPS Drops / Poor performance

Hey guys i'm getting poor performance in certain areas of maps while playing. Sometimes i'll be getting around 60-90 and it's smooth, even while fighting. But in some areas, even when nothing is going on my FPS is dropping to 30-40 which 'causes problems with aiming and such. I've tried lowering the settings and the resolution but this isn't helping at all. (I even turned all the eye candy off and ran at 640x480, still 30 fps on maps like Shangrila). I have no idea what is causing this slowdown at all since it happens in the same areas of each map.

I've done a reinstall, got the latest drivers for my graphics card, tried turning off my 2nd monitor in case UT doesn't like multi-monitor setups but still it's the same areas that are lagging

Open to any suggestions

Netram

Specs:

nVidia 8800 640mb GTS
    AMD 5200+ @ 2.66ghz
    2gb RAM
    Running Windows Vista (Up-to-date, afaik)
    Dual Monitor Set-up (22" @ 1680x1050 & 17" @ 1280x1024)

Same here. I'm dropping to 20s on ShangriLa and on Warfare maps

Specs:
    XFX 8800gts 320mb
    AMD 4600+ @ 2.41ghz
    2gb ram
    Windows xp
    1600X1200 monitor resolution

[edit]

Since you're running on vista, can you turn dx10 off?

Comment

Originally posted by Karmapolice View Post
      Since you're running on vista, can you turn dx10 off?
      That's something i havn't tried, running in DX9. But i heard that it is better to leave DX10 on because it has performance benefits (handles textures and effects or something)

Comment

Tried without DX10, same problem.

Maybe it's a LOD problem with things in the distance being drawn at there max quality. Is there a setting for this?

Comment

I have the same problem!

I have Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4 GB DDR-2 800 MHZ, GeForce8800 GTX 768 MB and Vista 32. I am running UT3 in 1400 x 900 and high settings. On Warfare maps I have a lot of drops from 60fps to 30 The same problem with ShangriLa and other 'visual' maps .

Any idea?

Comment

Oh, also I have a big drops when looking on portals. Epic, help us! I have something about 25 fps for example on Deck, when I am near the portal

Comment

ouch this doesnt sound too good, the highest fps ive EVER gotten is with no bots staring at a wall with no weapon at around 40fps...firefights im lucky to get 15

Comment

its truly weird how some ppl who just barely exceed the minimum requirements rejoice about the great performance, and ppl who own high-end rigs hit 25fps...

i for one dont have a highend rig, but i pretty much meet the recommended specs with athlon4000+,gf7800gtx,2gb ram
                and even with 1/1 quality im constantly getting fps <40, which frequently drops to 18-20 in firefights, which just isnt fun to play anymore.
                done all the drivers/directx/ini-tweaks/latest bios/secret voodoo techniques already to no avail.

Comment

you guys are talking about online right?

if any of u turned off the default fps cap, turning it back on might help you receive more stable fps

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                    ouch this doesnt sound too good, the highest fps ive EVER gotten is with no bots staring at a wall with no weapon at around 40fps...firefights im lucky to get 15
                    I get excatly the same problem with a bonus! No audio during cinimatics.

Comment

Same problems here. Doesn't matter what resolution or detail level I choose. I max out at 90fps uncapped, but I drop to 20fps on all maps in certain areas. Don't matter if I'm looking at a wall or an entire open area. I've gone as far as installing WinXP to see if it helps and it does not. I have the latest drivers, this happens with the beta patch as well. Editing the config files to turn off DX10 and other things doesn't help either. It's looking like AMD processors are having the problem mostly.

AMD X2 4400+
                      ATI HD 3870
                      X-Fi
                      2GB RAM
                      Vista x86

Comment

Originally posted by FreEp View Post
                        Oh, also I have a big drops when looking on portals. Epic, help us! I have something about 25 fps for example on Deck, when I am near the portal
                        I have this problem too. I'm glad I'm not crazy.

Comment

I have mine capped and still does the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathBooger View Post
                            I have this problem too. I'm glad I'm not crazy.
                            We have diffrent PCs (Amd/Ati & Intel/NVidia). I think, that the main problem is... Vista. Today I should try XP SP2. If it helps, I'm gonna tell you

Comment

Try windows XP, and dont use software-firewalls if you have got a router. Disable or deinstall the virus-scanner if you have one. (if you know what you do, u wont need one in background. Good enough to search for viruses after installing nonserious applications or weekly).

Dont use to many applications in background. Turn of AA and AF. especially adaptive anti-aliasing and such.

very important: dou you have installed correct chipset drivers?

Comment

Working...
                              X