No audio in single player cinematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No audio in single player cinematic

I've heard people with audio problems but in the first single player cinematic I have no audio at all. Sounds fine in game (and in multiplayer) but no audio at in the cinematic which bites because I had planned to play through the single player this weekend.

Any ideas on how to fix this one fellas?

specs:

4400x2
    2gigs of ram
    8800gtx
    Vista Home Premium (dual booting with XP pro but I've got UT3 on my vista install)
    Onboard audio
    Shuttle SN26p

Is Hardware OpenAL on in the menu?
    Does it work in the XP Pro install?

Comment

same here, I have a SoundBlaster X-Fi and also no sound in the cinematics :/ maybe it's a general problem and not about the sound hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
        Is Hardware OpenAL on in the menu?
        Does it work in the XP Pro install?
        Nope its off and I'm just running a basic 2.1 stereo setup. I haven't tried it under XP yet. I installed it first on Vista thinking it might have some DX10 features (though I haven't noticed any at all in the options. Not even AA).

Guess I'll try it under XP when I get some time in the morning while all the other nuts are out beating each other up over $100 TVs.

Comment

same here using xp, and a x-fi extreme music
          hardware Open AL enabled/disabled, no difference

Comment

do u really need sound for cinematic movies? just turn on subtitles or skip and play the game

Comment

yeah, why dont we turn off the colors and set the screen resolution to 160x120?

THese cutscrenes are part of the game, and I want to hear them :/

Comment

bump!

Anyone know how to get the sounds to work on the cinematics?

Comment

Originally posted by alt3r3g0 View Post
                  do u really need sound for cinematic movies? just turn on subtitles or skip and play the game
                  tbh the cutscenes are the only reason for me to play through the campaign

Comment

Originally posted by alt3r3g0 View Post
                    What kind of an answer is that? Its like telling someone whos going to the cinema to wear ear plugs.

Comment

same problem, and there are already tons of threads with people having problems. I'm using XP Pro with onboard sound, Realtec I believe. I hope Epic gets this fixed, as no one seems to be able to help us.

Before having this problem I changed the one setting for getting the cut scenes to stop freezing in the beginning of single player.

Comment

I'm getting this same problem, using AC97 onboard audio. I tried opening up the cutscene files directly (Warning: if you go to the movie directory you will probably have the plot spoiled for you by the filenames ) but that only had the background music and no voice overs nor subtitles.

Comment

Same problem, funny enough I had audio for Chapter 1 and 2 cutscene. Then I used some Ini tweaks for fps problems, and now chapter 3 audio doesn't work. Even after putting the original unmodded ini back... still nothing. Bah.

Creative Audigy 2 Platinum with latest drivers.

Comment

I'll add that I purchased Gears of War about 2 weeks ago and since it uses the same type of video I have had the same problem.

Since you mentioned it I also had the first 2 or so cutscenes in Gears work for me but after that there isn't anymore sound... be it in Gears or in UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by arcanistherogue View Post
                              I'll add that I purchased Gears of War about 2 weeks ago and since it uses the same type of video I have had the same problem.

Since you mentioned it I also had the first 2 or so cutscenes in Gears work for me but after that there isn't anymore sound... be it in Gears or in UT3.
                              Hmm. Yeah I tried opening them directly from the folder too and same thing. I wonder if the game itself is corrupting the files or something. Either way something is seriously wrong and we need Epic to atleast address it in some way .

Comment

Working...
                              X