Dual Core x64 Install Shield Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I tried re-installing the InstallShield and also just updating it and I still have the same probelm. Below are two images, the first is showing that I make it to the end of the install, and the last is the failure notice.

I am downloading the latest version of FlashGet and will try downloading the file again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I ran the demo on an AMD X2 and vista 64

That just looks like a corrupted download.

not sure the specifics of your error so ill take a stab:

A common issue with downloaded demos in my experience is an error stating roughly: not a valid win64 appliction, blah blah, might not be 64 bit compatable.

Infact I got that on UT3 demo first time, and on many others (downloaded from gamespot mostly, never download large files through their servers).

The fix, in this case, is to re-download the demo from somewhere reliable on a good download manager, like flashget. Its simply corrupt and it doesnt show up in crc for some reason.

and you might wanna try updating your installsheild software, google it.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Dual Core x64 Install Shield Problem

Dual Core x64 Install Shield Problem

Does anyone know if the Beta Demo will work on an AMD 2.2 GHz Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Dual Core with 3 GB of DDR2 667MHz and a nVidia GeForce 8600 GT 512 MB PCI Express x16 SLI video. Running Windows XP Pro x64 Edition.

I keep getting an: InstallShield 1628 Failed to Complete Installation.

I have all the latest updates for my processor and Windows is totally up-to-date.

If not, it makes me wonder if the new UT will support 64-bit. Hard to imagine since UT2004 supports it. as a matter of fact it kicks butt on x64.
Working...
X