CD Key incomplete on booklet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD Key incomplete on booklet

Part of me hopes I'm not the only one with this issue but then another part hopes that this is a one time error on Epic's behalf. If I'm wrong here please tell me to quit being a n00b so I can move on. Besides the fact that I can't get to play the game anyway due to numerous install/unistall/install...etc because the game keeps crashing and worse yet crashing my pc; my CD key doesn't quite look right. Please imagine the "(" and ")" are the sides to the box that the key was printed in on the back of the booklet. It looks a lot like this: (_______####-####-####-##). The underscore represents all the space in the box before the CD key starts. I've played games before that required CD keys to be input prior to running the program but all of them usually have 4 to 5 sets of numbers/letters each being 4 characters long. I know there was supposed to be another character because I can see the start of it but that is all. I tried to look at it differently in the light but it isn't there.

My hopes here are that I can get to the part where I can actually play the game and input the CD key so I can see if I'm wrong but I fear that this is a sign that I should write-off the $50.00 and move on with life. However, I'm really hoping it will work since I've been waiting for a long time to play this particular game. = /

My CD Key has 4x4 letters like "AB1C-D2EF-3GHI-JKLM"
    So if you have 3x4 and 1x2 letters, yours isn't correct. First I'd try to go to the shop where you bought it to get another one. If that won't work I think Epic will help you since they already did with non working UT2004 keys as well.

Comment

That is good information to know. I'll give them a call in the morning but I'm not expecting much since it's Thanksgiving here in the States and the following day is "Black Friday" so Best Buy won't have time until after 1-2pm. I know this from previous experiences working there on that hellish day. Oh well, there are bigger and badder things in this world to get upset about than a game.

However, I'm still sad that my game won't get to the part where I can load in a CD key, complete or incomplete. I continue to get a black screen then the computer reboots itself without my permission. How wude. >.<

Comment

it's a 16 digit code. If you have 16 characters, you're good.

Also, make sure you have the latest video drivers... :-P

Comment

Working...
        X