DVD Drive doesn't even READ UT3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Drive doesn't even READ UT3!

I'm writing on these forums to say that UT3 will not work no matter what I try!

First, I put it in my DVD tray. Doesn't even read, indicating that there's nothing in it. I put in other DVDs, like Oblivion (Which never had problems when I first got it). They all worked. UT3's the only one that doesn't.

So I take the disk and I place it on another computer, and it reads it, and installs, except I get an error 1335 on the computer. Errors with the Data files, apparently.

I come to these forums, and they say that you should place files on the harddrive and then run it. I do that, and everything installs with no hiccup.

Then I try to run it, and it encounters an error report and requests me to sent report to microsoft.
    Even if I manage to figure it out, it's still not on the computer I want it to be on; I want it on the computer that can't even read the thing.
    I've been on these forums for awhile, and I've done everything from clean booting to data repairing.

Seriously Epic, I want my installation to be as easy as it indicates in your instruction manual. This is, by far, the most horrendous software experience I have ever had.

Well, first off, you're messing with two different formats. UT3 is DVD9(Double Layer). Oblivion is DVD5(Single layer). Try updating the firmware on your disc drive, if it can't read from double layers then you will have a problem.
    And Error 1335 is a data read error from the installer package cabinet files. It could be from a dirty disc, all that fun stuff. If the disc was f'd it would give you a cycle redundancy error, not a 1335

Comment

Oh also, sorry for the double post, but update your Installer Package too.

Comment

Actually, I figured out a way around it.
        I just used an older DVD drive from my basement, installed and everything.
        Now, though, when I try to start it up, my monitor just goes on standby as it tries to run the game. When I turn the monitor on, it says I should check the computer.

Did this to me for the demo. This might be easier to fix, who knows :P

Comment

HMMMM....Is it a CRT or a LCD? DVI or VGA?! and do you have the latest drivers?..oh and what OS are you on? that's a tad important.

Comment

Yeah, I guess it is.

It's a CRT VGA. Runs on Windows XP,
            Video card is an Nvidia 6800. 163.75 updated drivers
            Everything else on my computer meets requirements.

Comment

Hmmmm...I don't know, usually when the monitor does that it's due to something the monitor can't support, like a resolution or whatnot. Try changing the resolution in the .ini to 1024x768, see if that works

Comment

Is that in BaseEngine in Engine/Config?

Comment

Oh i have no idea; i've never had to do it but if you read around the forums there's lots of threads on .ini changing; most problems have been fixed through the ini

Comment

Also, if you even still check this, i know i might sound retarded but make sure your DirectX and video drivers are up to date. :P

Comment

Working...
                    X