still can not install game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still can not install game

game still does not install correctly, stops at clicking on language button.
    its dumps out of installation. everything is up to date.
    This is a new clean game machine, top of the heap unit.

what is the deal??? any answers would be appreciated.

seems to be several complaints on this issue.......

I see i will not get any responses..... maybe this problem needs to go to my lawyer

Comment

Done with Epic

Comment

also, have you tried installing the game in safe mode?

edit - silly me! dont know why i suggested that I was thinking to get rid of the background apps, tho running msconfig is better for that. *facepalm*

Comment

yeah, tried all that. I have given hardware info several times in other places. here it is again... for last time. this is a new machine w/ new os install

Comment

you could try updating your installsheild software. I remember there was the same problem on the bioshock forum - tho i dont clearlyremember the solution or if one was found, other than remembering someone updating installsheild may have solved it.

I notice you said its a fresh install, did you grab all the windows updates yet?

installsheild update page

"When running into installation issues, it is always recommended that you use the latest InstallShield installation engines"

Comment

Originally posted by yabbering yeti View Post
              also, have you tried installing the game in safe mode?
              windows installer doesn't run in safe mode, so if they used that it won't work.

there is a windows update for windows installer, i forgot the link but i commented this in the beta demo forums regarding installation problems.

I had some serious installation problems with the beta demo, but was able to use a a number of side methods to install the game manually. I was hoping there wouldn't be any installer bugs in the full release.

Comment

I'll also mention that finding and installing the latest firmware for your DVD drive can sometimes solve this kind of installation issue.

Comment

Working...
                X