No announcement yet.

Cutscene Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tried this and it still won't work (X-Fi Xtreme Gamer soundcard on XP SP2)
    One thing I have found out is the cutscenes play perfectly well using Bink RadTools so I suppose that will do for now until a proper patch comes out. Still not very convenient.

Comment

FMOD sucks. Problem solved.
      Do some research on the FMOD sound system these games are using now and you will see the real issues you are having.

Comment

Thanks for the comment, Vyking ... LOL when I use RAD, I get music but no freakin' voice audio!!!! I can't win.

Comment

Originally posted by WanderlustX2 View Post
          Thanks for the comment, Vyking ... LOL when I use RAD, I get music but no freakin' voice audio!!!! I can't win.
          LMAO. You know what? I only tested it for a few seconds to see if it worked. Yup no dialogue! Gaaah!

Comment

EDIT: Problem found and solved!

The lot of you probably have Xfire running in the background just like me:
            Head into Xfire -> Tools -> Games.
            Select Unreal Tournament 3.
            Turn off Xfire In-Game.
            Problem Solved... audio is in!

(PS: the reason for no dialogue in cutscenes using RAD is because dialogue is stored in CookedPC\Sound folder. It has been translated into half a dozen languages after all, so integrating it into the movie itself would've been a waste).

Comment

Well I'll be... I am running Xfire

Comment

Huh. That fixed it entirely. Dang you Xfire!

Comment

Originally posted by Droniac View Post

Turn off Xfire In-Game.

(PS: the reason for no dialogue in cutscenes using RAD is because dialogue is stored in CookedPC\Sound folder. It has been translated into half a dozen languages after all, so integrating it into the movie itself would've been a waste).
                  Thank you!! xFire strikes again! heh

Comment

Disabling Xfire sure fixes the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Droniac View Post

Turn off Xfire In-Game.

QFT! I closed xfire, and the audio works, dialog too. THANKYOU! How'd you find that one out?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                        some problem here

x-fi-gamer sound-crackx-and-sound-pause on menus

on vista-32bit fresh installed ^

back to XP work fine no more soundproblems
                        Old messages but I did the same, I dumped Vista and all it's problems. This was the least of them. I had issues with XP w/the crack pop but since re-install it's been fine. Vista just seemed to slow down more and more.

Comment

Working...
                        X