Cutscene Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutscene Audio

I get no cutscene audio. I'm running Vista, I tried with and without OpenGL, sounds are at default levels. Audio works fine in game and after the cutscenes while the map is loading.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

as i told someone else, the only thing i could think of is maybe trying to install Codecs. I've no idea if that would actually work, but it's worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by shinjion07 View Post
      as i told someone else, the only thing i could think of is maybe trying to install Codecs. I've no idea if that would actually work, but it's worth a shot.
      LOL that was quick. What Codecs tho? Not sure what I'd be missing (I have the most common) and I'd "assume" that Epic would include them...

Thanks for the reply tho.

Comment

Yar i know, was just spitballing, but, question, What sound card do you have, and do you use Speakers, or a USB headset? Or other

Comment

Yar i know, was just spitballing, but, question, What sound card do you have, and do you use Speakers, or a USB headset? Or other
          I have an X-Fi Platinum with Logitech 5.1 speakers with the standard 5.1 connection (Think like 5300?? series). I've hated the X-Fi for popping and cracking (off and on) so don't give me another reason to hate it. heh I'd assume it would be one of the more tested cards tho.

Really odd that all audio works fine but the cutscenes.

Comment

Are you using Windows Vista 64bit? People have been having problems with Vista 64bit + X-Fi

Comment

Are you using Windows Vista 64bit? People have been having problems with Vista 64bit + X-Fi
              No... 32bit Vista but about ready to back to XP and not because of this. Trying to hold on until sp1 but it's getting hard. Crysis isn't worth it.

Comment

some problem here

x-fi-gamer sound-crackx-and-sound-pause on menus

on vista-32bit fresh installed ^

back to XP work fine no more soundproblems

Comment

I also have no audio during the cutscenes, I already have a ton of codecs installed on my machine, I can't think of any others I would need...

Geforce 8800GTS 320
                  AMD X2 4200+
                  2GB DDR400
                  Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS w/ 7.1 Creative Speakers
                  Windows XP Pro SP2

Edit: It's also running in OpenAL of course.

Comment

I have no sound on cutscenes either, I did however have them on the first cutscene, but after that I got nothing. I am using Realtek AC'97 Audio and I've got countless codecs installed.

Comment

No audio for me either

AMD 64 3500+
                      x1950xt 256MB
                      1GB RAM
                      Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe using onboard Realtek audio
                      XP Pro 32-bit

Comment

Open the UTEngine.ini (My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config) and change PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=False to PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

Worked flawlessly for me after having the SAME issue. Found it here:
                        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585669

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try, Alienz! I did a search first but didn't catch it.

Comment

Ok i was having the same problems as you guys after applying the PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True to get my cutscenes to run correctly. I got it to run fine now (minus the occasional hicup), what i did was delete the UTEngine.ini then ran the game (i had to retype my cd key and redo my video settings), exit the game and change the PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=False to True, restarted the game and the cutscenes had sound. So give it a shot if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade5286 View Post
                              Ok i was having the same problems as you guys after applying the PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=False to get my cutscenes to run correctly. I got it to run fine now (minus the occasional hicup), what i did was delete the UTEngine.ini then ran the game (i had to retype my cd key and redo my video settings), exit the game and change the PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=False to True, restarted the game and the cutscenes had sound. So give it a shot if you want to.
                              I'll have to give that a try since it didn't work for me. Not sure if res has anything to do with it but I run at 1920x1200... Game runs fine SP and MP except for the cutscenes and it's irritating as hell. A lot of people probably don't do a lot with SP but I like playing around with it on high settings to warm up and did play through 99/04.

Comment

Working...
                              X