Constant Campaign Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant Campaign Crash

I just bought UT3 and installed it on my computer and have tried to play the campaign mode, but every time I have tried it has crashed. The first time I tried it got about 10 seconds into the first movie scene, but after changing my games settings to my usual resolution, it crashes in around 2 seconds. I have 3 of the 4 recommended system requirements, and the last one meets the minimum requirement. I have tried updating to the latest video driver, but no luck. Any ideas? thanks in advance.

My Specs:
    2.2 ghz AMD Athlon 64 Processor
    ATI Radeon x1950 Pro Video Card (latest drivers)
    1 GB Ram

Honestly, skip the campaign and just play through every instant action map against bots. It's exactly the same experience, minus some lousy over-compressed video. Their definition of "campaign" sucks.

Comment

Or you could try left clicking past the fmv as soon as it appears, works for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Giblet View Post
        Or you could try left clicking past the fmv as soon as it appears, works for me anyway.
        hehehe... your sig suits your name perfectly [OT/]

i hope my new 8800gt plays the vids right. id hate to have a glitch game

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Ill probably just play the instant action maps. Does anyone think getting a better processor would fix this problem?

Comment

Originally Posted by Chain-Lei View Post
            open utengine.ini and change PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=False to PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

This worked for me and another person.
            P.S. dont skip the amazing FMV's

Comment

Ill have to try that ut2004t100, Thanks.

Comment

hey thanks man, that fixed my problem also

Comment

Thanks ut2004t100, editing the utengine.ini file worked and now my game works, and thanks to everyone else for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                  X