CD key doesn't work. HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD key doesn't work. HELP!!!

I installed the game tonight and tried starting up the game for the first time to enter the CD key. I entered the 16 digit number on the back of the manual but I keep getting the "CD key is invalid" . Any ideas for a quick fix or do I have to wait until tomorrow so I can call support?

Thanks!

I had the same problem. I typed it out twice, got an error, then i completely retyped it and it worked the third time.

Comment

Originally posted by shinjion07 View Post
      I had the same problem. I typed it out twice, got an error, then i completely retyped it and it worked the third time.
      make sure you type it correctly?

Comment

I don't know if it matters or whether or not you did or didn't, but did you type it in caps.(not sure it has to be)did you tab to next space after each four letters.

Comment

Thanks for the replies but it still doesn't work. I tried the caps and tabs but it still thinks it's an invalid key. I guess I'm stuck until I call support.

Comment

did anyone find an official comment from epic? i dont think so ... its really crazy, thousends of players have problem with their product and they say nothing ... i found messages that are older then to weeks, i dont think epic will answer in a near future, really sad

Comment

I had a problem with my key after installing inet purchased download...
              The key provided me was in all caps, so I entered as such... many many times to no avail.
              Finally tried the key in all lower case.... dunno if your solution is that simple.....
              good luck!

Comment

I tried my key over and over, all caps, all lower case, I tried using the mouse to go to the next box, I tried the tab key, nothing works and I have exchanged the game 3 times so this is my third key.

Comment

Working...
                X