Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Player Games/Settings Won't Save.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm getting the same problem here too, not saving any of my setting and not saving any campaign progress at all, have tried adding nohomedir but that hasn't worked. Loving the game but it's not that fun having to go all through the campaign over and over again lol. A fix would be nice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does not work for me, I am still unable to restart a campagn where I left off, I have to start over from the begining every time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    SOLUTION:

Add "-nohomedir" to your ut3.exe

MY SOLUTION:

I put "-nohomedir" to my Shortcut to ut3.exe, so in my shortcut "Target" in Properties looks like this... "E:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -nohomedir

This should work for everyone having the problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SMooTHRiLL View Post
    not only the saving problems, but all the framerate drops and freezes as well, they are the major issues. They've solved a lot of minor stuff with the first patch, I hope the second patch will be as useful
    I agree. I'm just a little worried because my problem is so weird (but, of course, it's not a show stopper). Why can't the game remember my cd-key?? It should not be too difficult...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Valgua View Post
    I just hope that they will fix it very soon. The game is great but all these saving problems are detract from the fun.
    not only the saving problems, but all the framerate drops and freezes as well, they are the major issues. They've solved a lot of minor stuff with the first patch, I hope the second patch will be as useful

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SMooTHRiLL View Post
    I do that everytime I play the game until patch or anything else fixes this problem.
    I just hope that they will fix it very soon. The game is great but all these saving problems are detract from the fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I get a somewhat similar problem, but not as dramatic. I do have the UT3 folder, but everytime I load the game, it forgets my settings and camapign, in fact my whole profile resets everytime I load the game anew.

I have found a solution for this though, so if it helps anyone: I made a backup of the save file after shutting down the game (after I played campaign and thus modified my profile), which is located in "my documents/my games/ut3/ut3game/savedata"
    It's not the exact location, but it's something like that. So I made a backup and everytime I start ut3 again, before loggin in your profile (so first screen of ut3) I go back to windows, put backed up savefile in the folder again (where the savefile has been reset again) and then maximize ut3 again and log in, then everything is just fine.
    I do that everytime I play the game until patch or anything else fixes this problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have an even stranger version of the same problem. All my settings are saved but my cd-key isn't so I have to redigit it rather often (but not all the times..).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This bug was in the demo and it's still present in the final version as it seems.

Let's pray for a patch. Can't believe the internal testers missed this one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey all
    I can also confirm this bug. I have My Documents set to the d: drive and when I fired the game up this morning my settings hadn't saved. I'm not going to change my system settings because of a silly design oversight, so I hope this gets fixed ASAP.

Edit: read the rest of the thread The -nohomedir suffix works, but I agree with okkervil in that I'd rather have the files in their proper place.

Thanks Enthil'Zha!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thats good to know, thanks. But I prefer to have it save to my RAID 1 storage drive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Entil'Zha !

I've applied to this and it'd fine !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haven't you guys tried adding -nohomedir to your ut3.exe ?
    It will make UT3 save your inis and everything in the UT3 installation folder.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Confirmation

I have had the same issues and found a solution

- I am running windows xp pro sp2 and I bought the game off direct2drive
    - I have a 320GB and 500GB drive with a total of four partitions

40GB (c windows xp
    60GB (d windows vista
    120GB (e games
    500GB (g my documents (in windows it is set to the root folder)

So I realized that I couldn't save my settings and tried just about everything. In the end the only thing that worked was changing the location of my documents. Which in the long term was not an option as far as I was concerned. But in the short term it seemed to do the trick.

I created a my documents folder on (g and changed windows to default my docments folder to it. It wont let you move the files into a folder on itself, but I didnt want it to move my files anyways.

I than ran Unreal Tournament 3 and input the serial number (I hate how it doesn't automatically advance to the next field), logged in and changed my display and control settings. After which I exited the game.

I checked the my documents folder and sure enough a new folder had been created. my games\unreal tournament 3\ was created in my documents folder. I than changed windows to default my documents back to the root of (g and let windows move the new files and folders over.

It has worked perfectly since then, seems like a bit of bad coding. If your having a similiar problem, try this before trying anything else. I wasted hours modifying ini files, unistalling\reinstalling and trying new accounts settings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    note: if you have the "my games/unreal tournament 3 demo" in "my documents" i made a copy and named it "unreal tournament 3", put it in the same location (my games\..) and then started the game. clicked yes to remake the ini's, entered my info and it seemed to have saved it.

no more inputting cd key, no more resetting video controls..lets see if single player works.

keep you updated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X