Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Player Games/Settings Won't Save.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Single Player Games/Settings Won't Save.

    SO here's the quick run down:

    1. I installed the game.
    2. I ran the executable.
    3. I input my cd-key.
    4. I logged into my account (same one as the demo).
    5. My settings weren't the same, which bothered me but i reset them all.
    6. Play single player for about 2 hours, beat about 6 levels and then leave the game.
    7. Come back, start playing the game again and it asks me to input my cdkey (like it didnt remember it). I do this and start the game again.
    8. Go into settings and they didn't save.
    9. Go to play the campaign mode and it didn't save it.
    10. I look in the "my documents/my games" and there isn't a UT3 folder there. Should there be? How do i get it if it isnt.

    My computer runs the game fine, but the "My Documents" drive is on a different hard drive then the UT3 game. Cause a problem? If so, MAJOR oversight.

    Needless to say I'm frustrated because this same **** happened with the demo with not saving settings. Any solution?
    I don't want to have to put my cd-key/video settings/input settings and start single player over and over.

    Thanks.

    #2
    I had this same problem with the demo. Does your user name have any weird characters in it that windows wouldn't like? These characters are: \ | > < / : * "
    Make a different profile without the offending character and it should work.

    Comment


      #3
      try re-installing.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
        try re-installing.
        I'm not reinstalling this game, it simply takes to long.
        I tried that with the beta demo 4 times and it wouldn't place the folder in my documents, assuming they didn't change anything (and i'm sure they didn't) it would be a large waste of time.

        And to the other poster:

        My account is normal; "beckizzle". Nothing special.

        Comment


          #5
          I know its been stated somewhere that you can use your demo account for the full version but err Id rather not do that, better to create a new account for the full version. If games have taught us anything, online play is usually linked between login information and cd key use. The two go hand in hand, it is quite possible that you demo account might circumvent something on the full version just guessing!!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Shadowcaster View Post
            I know its been stated somewhere that you can use your demo account for the full version but err Id rather not do that, better to create a new account for the full version. If games have taught us anything, online play is usually linked between login information and cd key use. The two go hand in hand, it is quite possible that you demo account might circumvent something on the full version just guessing!!
            Thats fine and dandy, but that doesn't matter as long as my account info isn't getting saved..

            Comment


              #7
              It might work after you submit your email, etc. Didn't ask me again after I did that.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Giblet View Post
                It might work after you submit your email, etc. Didn't ask me again after I did that.
                No.

                Thats dumb.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I don't care how dumb it is, it worked for me. Merely relaying the info.
                  My documents folder is on a secondary drive too btw but I set up a new account for the full game.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Your account etc doesn't have a bearing on the files in your my documents folder, after a install without running the game once there should be files there, if there aren't something went wrong during install, re-installing might be a pain but it's the only option I can see.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Someone on another thread solved the same documents issue by putting it back to it's original location. The thread should still be on the first few pages here.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Thats the worst solution i've heard of. I for one cannot do that, so thats a major problem.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                          Your account etc doesn't have a bearing on the files in your my documents folder, after a install without running the game once there should be files there, if there aren't something went wrong during install, re-installing might be a pain but it's the only option I can see.
                          I know the account in general doesn't, but i tried a reinstall just for you and to no avail.

                          I am 95%positive its because the my documents is on a different hard drive.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            UPDATE: I even tried reinstalled a 3rd time, this time making a random "My Documents" folder on the normal HDD (even though there isnt anythign there relating to my doc's) and it didn't work again.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Don't you have a default My Documents folder under your Windows user profile folder?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X