UT3 + Vista 64 + X-Fi = Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 + Vista 64 + X-Fi = Crash

Same happens to Gears of War. If I disable the X-Fi and use onboard, it doesn't crash. This is likely not related to Epic, but the **** game has an X-Fi logo on it so it should work. Has anyone found a fix for this? Does anyone with an X-Fi (not counting Xtreme Audio, that's just a rebranded Audigy) and Vista 64 have either UT3 or Gears working?

If its the X-FI Music or something alot of people complain about them but I run Vista with a Sound Blaster card and can play Gears as well UT3 with no problems.

Comment

Yeah, I have an X-Fi, Vista 64, and have been playing UT3 just fine. Perhaps you have old drivers or new drivers? Or some other problem?

Comment

Well, the demo crashed with the .0002 drivers, and the final crashes with the .0004 drivers (the latest). It's really pretty annoying. I had the initial run of X-Fi's, maybe it's a hardware issue that was fixed later on, as I've had nothing but problems with this card. It worked when I first got it in XP, but now my warranty is long gone and I'm **** sure that I'm never buying another Creative product.

Comment

Working...
        X