Can't host or join LAN games on campus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't host or join LAN games on campus

A bunch of friends and myself have all bought copies of UT3. We all live on the same hall of our college as well. The thing is we can't play any LAN games. None of us can join or even see any one else's LAN games. The funny thing is that this used to work just fine on the UT3 beta demo. I can't even see dedicated servers that I set up on my own machine. Has something been drastically changed since the beta? Is there any way to fix it on our machines?

My thoughts exactly!
    what has happened since the demo?
    I am behind a linksys router with my pc in the DMZ, yet I cannot connect/host any LAN games to say nothing about trying to have people connect to my internet hosted game? WTH?
    Epic Please explain!?

Comment

I'm glad at least I'm not the only one suffering from this. Guess I'll just bump the post.

Comment

can't host games...

I can't host games and either can any of my friends behind a router. Even if I put my router into DMZ mode, nobody can connect. The only way we can get it to work is if one of us bypasses our router to host. We had the same problem with the demo.

Comment

I was able to fix mine. Once I created a profile and played one online game, then quit nicely and restarted, I could play using ym router after that no problems. Maybe go online without it, just for one time. CReate a profile, play a game for a few minutes, then restart your PC and see if that helps? Only idea... But I have WRT54G and this worked, I can play fine now it seems. *shrug*

Comment

I have forwarded correct ports, and even tried DMZ for my local IP, but NOTHING is working?! Others attempt to join my game via "open IP" command in console, and they get the game loading screen, then it craps out and says "connection failed" AAARGHHHHHHHHH!!! This procedure worked in the Demo just fine? WTH has changed since then? I bet it has to do with the stupid GameSpy! Why they conformed and used this **** is beyond me? When i first saw this in the Demo, I was quite dissapointed! UT has always been so 'plug and play' for MP and now it is a dissapointment!

EPIC PLEEEEEEEEEASE Help!!!!

Comment

You should check out the Server Administration forum, they have it fixed there, I believe.

Something with the multihome parameter.

Comment

Working...
              X