No announcement yet.

ut3.exe has encountered an error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im still having the problem. dont have a nvidia card. would suck if thats the only card it will run on.

Comment

Originally posted by HeatM1ser View Post
      All I have to say is:
      Delayed the game like an extra year..made us all wait...then pushes game out right before the holiday season, but game does not work...seems like company is exploiting holiday season to make more with broken game that does not work as advertised.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for releasing a game that cannot be played as advertised(Actually cant be played at all).

Supporters=out of money
      Epic games & Midway= Much richer by taking our money

These companies do not care because they already have our money.Its business, and someone need to fight fire with fire and counter their unlawful business practices with a lawsuit.Apparently, you will have a ton of support, and Epic/Midway will work alot harder so that the news doesnt ruin their holiday sales.
      Mine works fine. Do you think you might have problems on your side??? You might want to consider that before ranting.

Comment

ended up returning both of my copies. good luck guys.

Comment

if u own an amd dual core, installing the dual core optimizer will help.. it helped me.. no more errors.. i also have the patch installed too

Comment

Originally posted by damnu2 View Post
            if u own an amd dual core, installing the dual core optimizer will help.. it helped me.. no more errors.. i also have the patch installed too
            yea didnt work man.. good advice though

Comment

Same here.. no worky.. I ave the dual core optimiser (same build) installed on both my working and non working systems.

Comment

Do you have to have a nvidia or ati to run the game

Comment

We have atio x1950 pro video cards installed in two different systems.

I have an HIS brand one with 512meg or ram, my wife has an official ati brand 1950 pro with 256 meg of ram. Mine runs fine, her's gets the exe error and won' launch.

I suspect an audio or directx issue, since we are both running essentially the same video card, and drivers.

We're running xp pro, so installing directx 10 isn;t a possibility, unless we try one of the hacked versions, and we should be able to run ut3 without something like that.

Comment

Ive tried every suggestion, no luck, wait for a patch i guess?

Comment

Same problem for me too ,,, my PC is way over the requirements and all updates done , like everybody else .. kernel32.dll is referanced in the error like everyone else ... HELP !

Comment

Same issue here.. I'm giving them till firday, and then returning it. I bought 2 copies, and if we can't play it on both systems, then it isn't work having either.

Comment

I had the crash on start error too. I used the demo fix, downgraded my graphics drivers.

I have an old ATI 9800, if I use the ATI 7.11 drivers I can't start the game, I just get critical errors for UT3.exe. If I use cat uninstaller and then install ATI 7.8 drivers evrything is fine.
                          Hope this helps the ATI users.

I can't find an ATI patch for UT3 anywhere on their site or any other references to ATI issues on this forum (point me there if you know any). But there seems to be an issue with ATI, hopefully the UT3 non-beta patch will address these problems.

Comment

Had the same problem. The following solved this issue for me:
                            For anyone with an Nvidia card getting a crash in kernel32.dll (this does not affect blue/black screen errors), try this workaround:

First, make sure you are on 163.71 Nvidia drivers.

If you are an administrator, Open: Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
                            Otherwise open: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

Change the line
                            bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False
                            to
                            bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

Reboot recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by jaff0 View Post
                              Had the same problem. The following solved this issue for me:
                              For anyone with an Nvidia card getting a crash in kernel32.dll (this does not affect blue/black screen errors), try this workaround:

First, make sure you are on 163.71 Nvidia drivers.

If you are an administrator, Open: Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
                              Otherwise open: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

Change the line
                              bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False
                              to
                              bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

Reboot recommended.

Wow, THANK YOU SIR! I've been browsing the forums looking for a solution to the same crash I've been having and nothing has worked up until I tried this! I have to run it with AL turned off, but otherwise it works great! Note that this also works with the nvidia beta drivers 169.04 with my 8800GTX!

You saved my $50, thanks a bunch!

Comment

Stupid Splash Screen

Hey guys, I'm having the splash screen problem also. Game starts , splash screen, then goes away error occurred press ok to close. The first time I actually started the game up it actually worked, It just looked like **** and had random boxes appearing and dissapearing in the "fog" . I figured it was my video card drivers so I updated it and then I started having this issue. I pulled the video card from my wifes computer and put it in my computer.(It is the same video card.) and it still did not work. I was running Windows XP SP2, With the latest Direct X drives and up until that point the lasted drivers for my video card. So what I did then was format the computer, and I put Windows Vista on it. Installed the latest drivers for my video card, direct x etc and then unreal. This time when the splash screen came up it went away and did nothing. No errors, No log, just closed. I have a couple options I want to do, I do have an nvidia gforce 400mx video card at the house, Its not much but If I can install it in my computer and get the game to start I can prove that it is somthing with the video card drivers. If it Dos'ent start then it will prove that it is somthing else, ie motherboard incompatability, processor, etc. Also I changed the BinitailizeShaders in the utengine.ini file, I found in a thread somewhere that someone was having a similar problem and this seemed to have helped, It did'ent help me so i changed it back.

Oh yeah, If I hav'ent mentioned it so far the UT3 does work on My Wifes computer and My brothers computer.

My computer; AMD Sempron 2800+, Asus Motherboard (I believe its a P5B) Kingston 1gb ram ddr and an off brand 512mb ddr stick. 2 western digistal hdd's, 80gb and a 20gb. Windows XP SP2(I installed XP again) Belkin Wireless network adapter. No antivirus, and no Firewalls. ATI Radeon X1600pro 256mb ddr2 AGP. 450watt pwrsply.

My Wifes computer; Intel 3.0ghz Celeron Processor. (Peice of ****) PC-Chips Motherboard (lol), 1gb ddr pny ram. 80gb western digital hdd. Belkin Wireless network adapter, She does have a firewall up. w/ no anti virus guard. ATI Radeon X1600 pro 256mb ddrs AGP.

My brothers computer; AMD 64bit 3200+ processor, MSI (Micro-Star) motherboard, 1gb ddr pny ram. 1 80gb WesternDigital HDD. Offbrand Wireless network adapter. ATI X700 512mb ddr PCIE.

I'll get back to you guys on what I find w/ the other video card.

Comment

Working...
                                X