No announcement yet.

ut3.exe has encountered an error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is openal, and where do you turn it off at?

Comment

Since the multitude of other games will play I have to say in the end it's Epics problem, they have done enough software testing. The hardware manufact really can't be blamed if a company hasn't coded a program correctly. Hopefully when they start bug patching it will correct alot of these issue. Even if you can load the game is got many other issues like crashing at the end of a map. Hell I shouldn't be able to load the game, play 1 map crash and then not load the game again, grrrr. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Comment

OpenAL is in the Audio section of UT3 (options etc). Just make sure the diamond is not 'filled'. Empty Dot. In the UTengine.Ini, AlAudio is something different. You can change the number of audio streams from 32 to 64 or to whatever (128 might be the limit?) but I don't see an off. There is one option stating Hardware sound but turning that to true or false does NOTHING vs turning OpenAl in the game itself off/on. So if you can get in the game, check audio and make sure the OpenAL is not checked. If it is, there is something more diabolical going on here. Course everyone knows that.

Comment

No, she can't get into the gam eon her system, so we'll just probably have to wait for a Epic fix.

I would think since they went gold a while ago now, that they were probably aware of the issue, and hopefully were working on it befotre launching right before a big holiday weekend where no one would be working.

It runs on my system, but doesn't on hers, which is very odd. We are both riunning ati x1950 pro cards, and both running a dual core amd. I've thought about just cpying my whole install over the top of hers to see if that might work, but I suspect that a ficx is going to be needed, since quite a number of peple are reporting the same issue.

BTW, it works 100% fine on my system, with no crashes what so ever, and excllent framerates... just a few of the minor "furst load" issues epic has already talked about working the kinks out of.

Comment

Ok I have an update. We are now able to get my game to run, and run very well, as long as I'm playing in Windowed mod. To do that you hit alt enter, in order to get that far we had to turn off my sound and shaders in the ini file. You can get it to go into windowed mode as soon as the movie adds start playing. After we got it set to window mode we were able to turn the sound and shaders back on and everything at the moment is running fine.

Comment

Tried the openal thing.. no effect.

Turned off sound and fullscreen via the ini file, and again, no change.

Comment

All I have to say is:
                Delayed the game like an extra year..made us all wait...then pushes game out right before the holiday season, but game does not work...seems like company is exploiting holiday season to make more with broken game that does not work as advertised.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for releasing a game that cannot be played as advertised(Actually cant be played at all).

Supporters=out of money
                Epic games & Midway= Much richer by taking our money

These companies do not care because they already have our money.Its business, and someone need to fight fire with fire and counter their unlawful business practices with a lawsuit.Apparently, you will have a ton of support, and Epic/Midway will work alot harder so that the news doesnt ruin their holiday sales.

Comment

Originally posted by HeatM1ser View Post
                  All I have to say is:
                  Delayed the game like an extra year..made us all wait...then pushes game out right before the holiday season, but game does not work...seems like company is exploiting holiday season to make more with broken game that does not work as advertised.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for releasing a game that cannot be played as advertised(Actually cant be played at all).

Supporters=out of money
                  Epic games & Midway= Much richer by taking our money

These companies do not care because they already have our money.Its business, and someone need to fight fire with fire and counter their unlawful business practices with a lawsuit.Apparently, you will have a ton of support, and Epic/Midway will work alot harder so that the news doesnt ruin their holiday sales.
                  Jesus Christ, you really don't know the "other" companies named EA and Ubisoft?

Comment

Critical: Direct3DDevice->CreatePixelShader((DWORD*)&Code(0),(IDirect3DPi xe lShader9**)PixelShader.GetInitReference()) failed
                    at .\Src\D3D9Shaders.cpp:18 <---

Going by what you posted, it looks like he might be right - DirectX update, maybe video driver update. Try here:

Http://www.microsoft.com/Directx

Comment

Thx, updating directx did the trick for me.
                      My spec:
                      Core 2 duo E6550
                      ATI HD2900XT
                      4GB ram
                      Physx Card
                      P5n-E SLI
                      Vista 32-bit

Comment

We already tried a driectx update.. a openal install, editing the ini, every possible fix we could locate,m but nothing has helped at all.. and we're runnign the same video card, a ati x1950 pro.

Thanks for at least trying to help though...

Comment

Hmm, have you tried the nvidia beta drivers [if you have an nvidia card that is] released Nov 13th? I've installed them, cant say I tried ut3 just yet tho. I am prepared though.. I have the full install for the latest release of dx9c handy...

I'm hesitant to reinstall ut3 until its more promising that the game will work like it should....

Comment

ok i updated everything. downloaded the openal thing. update ini thing came up but then errored with ut3.exe has an error after i hit update ini. should i try uninstalling and reinstalling? i have a feeling it will still error though.

Comment

hmmm reminds me of GoW!

Originally posted by Gibson5469 View Post
                              tried for the last time, clean boot, delete temp files, made sure all registry entry's for ut3 were deleted, blah blah blah...

again "ut3.exe has encountered a problem" "update ini file". and nothing..

Epic - thank you for a game that won't even start, and if you happen to be lucky enough to have it start, it crashes. Worst $50 i've spent all year.
                              worse 50$ you have spent this year? god u have not tried Gears of war then! my friend if u think that spending $50 on a game that wouldn't work is bad, try spending a $100 on both Gears of War and ut3 looool now you can call me unlucky with all the stuttering and crashes and not signing into LIVE... holy god it feels like this whole thing is repeating itself on with ut3! as i have crashes just like GoW!! woohoo! oh heck!

Comment

Fixed it so at least i can play against bots but going online multiplayer still makes the ut3.exe crash.

heres what i did
                                - updated my nvidia drivers to lastest beta 169.09
                                -downloaded the unreal 1.01 beta patch
                                -and lauched it from the cd, not from the desktop or start menu icon.

that seems to of worked for me but as i said can not play online

my specs are-
                                XP home SP2
                                Core 2 Duo E6850 (3.0ghz)
                                4gb Cosiair ram
                                BFG 8800 GTX OC2 (768mb)
                                WD Raptor 10,000

i do get some jitter in the sound too, and the shadows seem to be a bit flickery, but i'm still loving the game and editor. pretty sure nvidia will bring out another beta driver and epic will release a patch within a month. hope you all get it working

Comment

Working...
                                X