Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    All I have to say is:
    Delayed the game like an extra year..made us all wait...then pushes game out right before the holiday season, but game does not work...seems like company is exploiting holiday season to make more with broken game that does not work as advertised.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for releasing a game that cannot be played as advertised(Actually cant be played at all).

Supporters=out of money
    Epic games & Midway= Much richer by taking our money

These companies do not care because they already have our money.Its business, and someone need to fight fire with fire and counter their unlawful business practices with a lawsuit.Apparently, you will have a ton of support, and Epic/Midway will work alot harder so that the news doesnt ruin their holiday sales.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tried the openal thing.. no effect.

Turned off sound and fullscreen via the ini file, and again, no change.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok I have an update. We are now able to get my game to run, and run very well, as long as I'm playing in Windowed mod. To do that you hit alt enter, in order to get that far we had to turn off my sound and shaders in the ini file. You can get it to go into windowed mode as soon as the movie adds start playing. After we got it set to window mode we were able to turn the sound and shaders back on and everything at the moment is running fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, she can't get into the gam eon her system, so we'll just probably have to wait for a Epic fix.

I would think since they went gold a while ago now, that they were probably aware of the issue, and hopefully were working on it befotre launching right before a big holiday weekend where no one would be working.

It runs on my system, but doesn't on hers, which is very odd. We are both riunning ati x1950 pro cards, and both running a dual core amd. I've thought about just cpying my whole install over the top of hers to see if that might work, but I suspect that a ficx is going to be needed, since quite a number of peple are reporting the same issue.

BTW, it works 100% fine on my system, with no crashes what so ever, and excllent framerates... just a few of the minor "furst load" issues epic has already talked about working the kinks out of.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OpenAL is in the Audio section of UT3 (options etc). Just make sure the diamond is not 'filled'. Empty Dot. In the UTengine.Ini, AlAudio is something different. You can change the number of audio streams from 32 to 64 or to whatever (128 might be the limit?) but I don't see an off. There is one option stating Hardware sound but turning that to true or false does NOTHING vs turning OpenAl in the game itself off/on. So if you can get in the game, check audio and make sure the OpenAL is not checked. If it is, there is something more diabolical going on here. Course everyone knows that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Since the multitude of other games will play I have to say in the end it's Epics problem, they have done enough software testing. The hardware manufact really can't be blamed if a company hasn't coded a program correctly. Hopefully when they start bug patching it will correct alot of these issue. Even if you can load the game is got many other issues like crashing at the end of a map. Hell I shouldn't be able to load the game, play 1 map crash and then not load the game again, grrrr. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what is openal, and where do you turn it off at?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My game seems to be crashing the same as everyone else that is having a problem. I've updated all of my drivers and still it crashes. It used to crash right after the Core 2 duo screen, then I changed the "PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=Tru e" message and now I sometimes can get to the second mission and then freeze on solo, but most of the times it crashes right after the main screen. It seems that we shouldn't have to change all this coding and turn this on and do this and do that just to play a game. One would think that this would all be taken care of in the installation.

Intel 2.13 core 2 duo
    evga 680i motherboard
    xfx nvidia geforce 7600 GT
    1 GB Corsair DDR2 pc6400 ram

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My ut3 won't launch. It's giving me an ini not updated prompt. do you know where I can find the system requirements for the game and how do i update ini or does that mean my hardware is outdated?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bonzai View Post
    First thing is first, Click off OpenAL if it is on. Thats causing my crashes. Video drivers are not the latest from Nvidia, actually its the WHQL, and I'm not getting any video errors. Anycase, I really find it frustrating that Hardware sound can not be used currently with the game. I'm fairly certain this isn't Creatives fault.

Creatives older drivers were jacked up with the 0003 release but the 0004 have corrected all errors that I can detect. Bioshock doesn't crash which is the same engine and uses OpenAL. Sooooooo I'm a little confused at who to blame now. This is obviously not the case for other people which is why they feel its creatives fault. So I dunno. I just hope Epic is looking into it because this game is definetly not finished in the polish dept. UI NEEDS WORK NOW AND BRING BACK THE BUILT IN MP3 PLAYER. That was cool in 2004 hehe.

Please help Epic with some post that you are looking into it. Software sound sucks in UT3 when you rely on positioning accuracy.

Specs? Asus G33 Board, 4GB Corsair, Q6600, X-Fi Fat, Couple drives, Small box, 750 Silverstone, 8800 GTS.

Oos forgot. On Vista 64-bit.
    Same here. Turning off OpenAL did the trick for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First thing is first, Click off OpenAL if it is on. Thats causing my crashes. Video drivers are not the latest from Nvidia, actually its the WHQL, and I'm not getting any video errors. Anycase, I really find it frustrating that Hardware sound can not be used currently with the game. I'm fairly certain this isn't Creatives fault.

Creatives older drivers were jacked up with the 0003 release but the 0004 have corrected all errors that I can detect. Bioshock doesn't crash which is the same engine and uses OpenAL. Sooooooo I'm a little confused at who to blame now. This is obviously not the case for other people which is why they feel its creatives fault. So I dunno. I just hope Epic is looking into it because this game is definetly not finished in the polish dept. UI NEEDS WORK NOW AND BRING BACK THE BUILT IN MP3 PLAYER. That was cool in 2004 hehe.

Please help Epic with some post that you are looking into it. Software sound sucks in UT3 when you rely on positioning accuracy.

Specs? Asus G33 Board, 4GB Corsair, Q6600, X-Fi Fat, Couple drives, Small box, 750 Silverstone, 8800 GTS.

Oos forgot. On Vista 64-bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is a thought and only a thought. when you update your drivers are you using the motherboard site for the updates, windows site, or actual program site?

most motherboard sites only post what was out at the time of the motherboard release for audio drivers. for example i use an asus p4p800 -e deluxe . i go to there web site to get my drivers for my audio and get it. my board uses the realtek system.. install it and thinking i have the latest drivers go to install a new game and low and behold it doesn't work ( i had this issue with BF2 and 2142) so i spend hours upon hours of beating my head in trying to figure out why its not working. contact support for the game and every thing and it doesn't work. so i decide to go to the source site and low and behold the drivers for my board that i got from asus were 3 yrs out dated. so i downloaded the new drivers from realtek installed them and start the game and it worked!

i forgot to ad in there when ever you update your drivers you need to clear out what ever configuration files the game may save. I.E. my games/UT3 or my documents/ battlefield 2

with duvina last night we went threw everything i mentioned above and actually got her game to work for 1 map lol. tonight i am gonna go thru with her to completely uninstall the game including the ageia physics program because she installed it all on the old drivers.

last thing to add. when installing any thing YOU TRUST or even a game as complex as UT3 you must shut down your Virus scanner/ firewall. unplug your pc from your internet if you don't trust doing that. some of the antivirus programs pick it up as malware and can block certain files from installing right (another issue i had with BF2142)

hopefully this post will help anyone in troubleshooting this issue.

this same issue works with other software, programs,add on cards in the system.. use the manufactures site to get drivers I.E nvida, BFG, MSI, ASUS. most companys update there drivers monthly due to bugs or new products

Leave a comment:

• replied
    everyone post your specs and lets try to see if we can pinpoint the issue.

AMD FX-60 Dual Core CPU
    2GB Corsair Ram
    BFG 8600 GTS OC
    X-Fi Elite Pro
    Windows Vista x64

Honestly it could be a million different things. For me, the game only crashes randomly in game. I can always get into the game (thank god), and sometimes I can play a few maps before it happens, but now it happened on the first map I opened. This happened for a while, then I got a PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES BSOD once or twice, which leads me to believe theres a driver conflict somewhere between my nvidia card and my creative one. Updating to the latest drivers didn't resolve the issue, unfortunately.

Edit- I'd just like to add that 90% of the time, my log file shows no errors whatsoever. As a matter of fact, its common to find the log cut off mid-report.

Lets keep the system specs coming, though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay. This is certainly a graphics-related issue.

1. Make sure you have the latest drivers from nvidia.com.
    2. Make sure you have all the latest Windows Updates + everything.
    3. Check Temperature of Graphics Card (may be overheating)

Could I have some system specs? What make is the graphics card (the actual brand, like MSI / BFG / Gigabyte)?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I created this thread, still having the same issue.

I've done a system restore, copied files onto the HD, updated all drivers, updated direct x, etc.. etc...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X