• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Do you have to have a nvidia or ati to run the game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same here.. no worky.. I ave the dual core optimiser (same build) installed on both my working and non working systems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by damnu2 View Post
    if u own an amd dual core, installing the dual core optimizer will help.. it helped me.. no more errors.. i also have the patch installed too
    yea didnt work man.. good advice though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if u own an amd dual core, installing the dual core optimizer will help.. it helped me.. no more errors.. i also have the patch installed too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ended up returning both of my copies. good luck guys.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HeatM1ser View Post
    All I have to say is:
    Delayed the game like an extra year..made us all wait...then pushes game out right before the holiday season, but game does not work...seems like company is exploiting holiday season to make more with broken game that does not work as advertised.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for releasing a game that cannot be played as advertised(Actually cant be played at all).

Supporters=out of money
    Epic games & Midway= Much richer by taking our money

These companies do not care because they already have our money.Its business, and someone need to fight fire with fire and counter their unlawful business practices with a lawsuit.Apparently, you will have a ton of support, and Epic/Midway will work alot harder so that the news doesnt ruin their holiday sales.
    Mine works fine. Do you think you might have problems on your side??? You might want to consider that before ranting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im still having the problem. dont have a nvidia card. would suck if thats the only card it will run on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fixed it so at least i can play against bots but going online multiplayer still makes the ut3.exe crash.

heres what i did
    - updated my nvidia drivers to lastest beta 169.09
    -downloaded the unreal 1.01 beta patch
    -and lauched it from the cd, not from the desktop or start menu icon.

that seems to of worked for me but as i said can not play online

my specs are-
    XP home SP2
    Core 2 Duo E6850 (3.0ghz)
    4gb Cosiair ram
    BFG 8800 GTX OC2 (768mb)
    WD Raptor 10,000

i do get some jitter in the sound too, and the shadows seem to be a bit flickery, but i'm still loving the game and editor. pretty sure nvidia will bring out another beta driver and epic will release a patch within a month. hope you all get it working

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmmm reminds me of GoW!

Originally posted by Gibson5469 View Post
    tried for the last time, clean boot, delete temp files, made sure all registry entry's for ut3 were deleted, blah blah blah...

again "ut3.exe has encountered a problem" "update ini file". and nothing..

Epic - thank you for a game that won't even start, and if you happen to be lucky enough to have it start, it crashes. Worst $50 i've spent all year.
    worse 50$ you have spent this year? god u have not tried Gears of war then! my friend if u think that spending $50 on a game that wouldn't work is bad, try spending a $100 on both Gears of War and ut3 looool now you can call me unlucky with all the stuttering and crashes and not signing into LIVE... holy god it feels like this whole thing is repeating itself on with ut3! as i have crashes just like GoW!! woohoo! oh heck!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok i updated everything. downloaded the openal thing. update ini thing came up but then errored with ut3.exe has an error after i hit update ini. should i try uninstalling and reinstalling? i have a feeling it will still error though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm, have you tried the nvidia beta drivers [if you have an nvidia card that is] released Nov 13th? I've installed them, cant say I tried ut3 just yet tho. I am prepared though.. I have the full install for the latest release of dx9c handy...

I'm hesitant to reinstall ut3 until its more promising that the game will work like it should....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We already tried a driectx update.. a openal install, editing the ini, every possible fix we could locate,m but nothing has helped at all.. and we're runnign the same video card, a ati x1950 pro.

Thanks for at least trying to help though...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx, updating directx did the trick for me.
    My spec:
    Core 2 duo E6550
    ATI HD2900XT
    4GB ram
    Physx Card
    P5n-E SLI
    Vista 32-bit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Critical: Direct3DDevice->CreatePixelShader((DWORD*)&Code(0),(IDirect3DPi xe lShader9**)PixelShader.GetInitReference()) failed
    at .\Src\D3D9Shaders.cpp:18 <---

Going by what you posted, it looks like he might be right - DirectX update, maybe video driver update. Try here:

Http://www.microsoft.com/Directx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HeatM1ser View Post
    All I have to say is:
    Delayed the game like an extra year..made us all wait...then pushes game out right before the holiday season, but game does not work...seems like company is exploiting holiday season to make more with broken game that does not work as advertised.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for releasing a game that cannot be played as advertised(Actually cant be played at all).

Supporters=out of money
    Epic games & Midway= Much richer by taking our money

These companies do not care because they already have our money.Its business, and someone need to fight fire with fire and counter their unlawful business practices with a lawsuit.Apparently, you will have a ton of support, and Epic/Midway will work alot harder so that the news doesnt ruin their holiday sales.
    Jesus Christ, you really don't know the "other" companies named EA and Ubisoft?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X