Error when joining multiplayer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Bumping, as this seems to be a common problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Exact problem here too. Everything runs fine with the bots [other then the lack of profile saving], but everything that I try to do for playing online just doesnt work. My roomate and I couldnt find eachother, nothing shows up in his server browser, and I cant even get past the "creating profile" page, mine just sits there. But the rest of the game seems to run fine. Similar specs too. Mine are E6700, 7950 GX2, 2GB XMS2, raptor HD, and liteon DVD. I can play Crysis in high res without problems, and even played the UT3 demo with only weird server browser quirks, but now I can't even play the full game?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by blackdrmario View Post
    Specs:

Running Windows XP Professional
    Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU
    2GB of RAM
    Direct X 9.0c

Video card is NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS

Ok, I installed the game and tried the campaign and instant action with the bot players. Everything worked fine, UNTIL I joined any kind of multiplayer game. When I join a game it seemingly loads, then I get a black screen, then an error message comes up saying that UT encountered a problem. Then it goes black again...and i'm back at my desktop...why is this?
    Are you behind a router or a virus scanner, or fire wall?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU
    2GB of RAM
    Direct X 9.0c

Ok, I installed the game and tried the campaign and instant action with the bot players. Everything worked fine, UNTIL I joined any kind of multiplayer game. When I join a game it seemingly loads, then I get a black screen, then an error message comes up saying that UT encountered a problem. Then it goes black again...and i'm back at my desktop...why is this?
    My system specs are the same and I am also having a similar problem. Everything works fine until I try multiplayer. It starts loading the map, but after a minute or so it gives the windows error box that asks if you want to send a report, No flashing screen. Except once. It worked after I did a reboot, but it stopped working when I tried again later.

I had virtually no problems in the UT3 Demo, aside from the graphics spazzing out once in a blue moon. I've run both fine in windowed mode at 1600X900.

Edit: Also, my firewall has the game unblocked, and I can't see why my router would be causing this problem for the full game and not the demo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU
    2GB of RAM
    Direct X 9.0c

Thats sucks man, check this out!! I have even worse problems. Mine are worse then yours!!! hahah http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585892 Fire the monkey in the cowboy hat coding this stuff. He's cool I know but things aren't working. I know your and Equal opportunity employer...but

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Error when joining multiplayer...

Error when joining multiplayer...

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU
    2GB of RAM
    Direct X 9.0c

Working...
X