UT3 Demo works... UT3 Does not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Demo works... UT3 Does not...

UT3 Demo works fine, Crysis works fine, BioShock works fine, CoD4 works fine, MoH : Air Bourne works fine, GoW for Windows works fine.. UT2004 works fine, UT2003 works fine, UT GotY works fine, Unreal 1 works fine, Quake 1 2 3 4 and quake wars works fine

UT3 DOES NOT... the ONLY game I care about... WON'T RUN...

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it 4 times, I deleted the UT3 folder in the "My Documents\My Games\" folder too.... I have the latest nVidia Drivers, latest Mobo Drivers, Latest Bios, latest LAN drivers latest sound drivers... I did a 6 hour redundancy read/write check on my RAM, all good....

WHAT the F**K..... seriously....

Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus Mobo
    Intel C2D E6600 Processor
    BFG 8800 GTS 320 OC
    2gb corsair 1066 DDR2 ram
    Audigy Xfi Plat sound card
    6 x Western Digital SATA2 500GB Hard drives
    Win XP SP2 all updated...

All I get is a Memory ref error showing random mem addresses ... and then the UT3.exe has to be killed error.... the game switches to 640 x 480 and does nothing.. awaiting my order to kill it...

Did you uninstall the Ageia drivers from the demo? I don't know if the full game uses a different version or not, but I uninstalled it before installing the full game just in case.

Comment

unintstalled UT3 removed all instances of UT3 or Unreal Tournament from the Registry and my harddrives, uninstalled Ageia, rebooted, Reinstalled.... SAME error...
      Tried Beta nVidia dirver mentioned in another thread..169.09... SAME... still getting the error... I got it to run once... heres how..

I ran UT2004... closed it, then ran UT3.. it started with no errors.... entered the CD key, got to the login menu and tried to login...

Error
      The online service is unavailable. Please try to reconnect again.

So I exit come to the forums, post a thread about it the master server being down or something.. try to start the game again... BAM back to Crash town.

Comment

ouch this is scary...all these high expectations of a great game flawed by all these errors

Comment

seriously... HELP.

Comment

Not So Happy With My beta/Demo to Gold Experience Either

Why oh why do we need to have AGEIA PhysX installed if we don't have the hardware? Is this part of the Unreal Engine3?

v7.09.13 was in the demo and is in the retail version as well. A newer v7.11.13 exists and has an "important update" for Unreal Engine3 based titles. Hmmm are we stuck having to support some BS software we chose not to install now? Try upgrading?

I was not happy with blue screens when I was trying to uninstall the beta.

Comment

It's software based physics, which UT3 uses. so uh yeah, you need it.

Comment

If I run UT2004, then close it and run UT3 right after... I get no errors...

But, if I start UT3 without starting and closing UT2004... it crashes...

Seriously...WTF?!? This is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSideofOZ View Post
                  If I run UT2004, then close it and run UT3 right after... I get no errors...

But, if I start UT3 without starting and closing UT2004... it crashes...

Seriously...WTF?!? This is annoying.
                  Try to disable your Hardware OpenAL under settings>audio ingame.
                  This game has problems with X-Fi soundcards with onboard XRAMs. So, X-Fi Fatality, Platinium cards will be affected.

Comment

Check Ultron's sticky. It's filled with tons of tips and things to try.

My chronic crashing was cured simply by cleaning my drivers in safe mode with Guru3D's Driver Sweeper.

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper

Comment

It sounds like format time, complete windows re-install and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSideofOZ View Post

Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus Mobo
                        Intel C2D E6600 Processor
                        BFG 8800 GTS 320 OC
                        2gb corsair 1066 DDR2 ram
                        Audigy Xfi Plat sound card
                        Win XP SP2 all updated...
                        I've got the *exact* same OS, CPU, motherboard and graphics card, the same amount and type of RAM...and an Audigy 2 ZS, and the only time I had any crashes was when I had Hardware OpenAL enabled, so it might be worth disabling it.

Comment

You're not the only one crying. I try to join a server and the only thing that happens is a ut error sound byte and aboslutely nothing. No error message no crash, absolutely nothing by which I can diagnose the problem by. And to top it all off when I try to play instant action it doesn't start the game and it gives me an in game splash message in a language I've never seen before. If this $60 coaster they're trying to get passed off as a buggy POS software doesn't get fixed soon I'm gonna have to ask for my money back. Sad day when epic puts out software that's about as well tested as bioshock for the pc.

Comment

I have almost the same setup as you, darksideofOz but I haven't heard if you've tried any of my suggestions. Did you check the stickies? The FAQ? Did you try Driver Sweeper?

Comment

Here are some options you might try:

Edit the UTEngine.ini which can be found in My Documents\MyGames\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

For NVIDIA cards:
                              [Engine.ISVHacks]
                              UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True

For ATI cards:
                              [Engine.ISVHacks]
                              DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=False

...and then...

[Engine.ISVHacks]
                              bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
                              PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

[SystemSettings]
                              OnlyStreamInTextures=True

Let us know if that works.

Also, if you still have problems, try the other tweaks in my thread, listed in my sig below. In particular, read the opening post thoroughly, looking for the specific problems you are having, and the solutions found there, so far.

(To be clear, do NOT edit anything in Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config)

Comment

Working...
                              X