8600gt or 7950gt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8600gt or 7950gt?

the only question i wish to ask with this thread is should i get a 7950gt 512mb, or a 8600gt 256mb? the main reason i don't just go for the 7950 is because the 8600 is dx10 while the 7950 is just dx9(im saying these cards because they are the best in my price range, I CANNOT AFFORD AN 8800GT SO PLEASE JUST DONT SUGGEST IT)

UT3 doesnt Use DX10. The 7950GT 512 will be faster than the 8600GT.

Comment

well thats pretty definitive, thankyou!

Comment

Thats Not True at all 8600GT is a Value Gaming Card and it fast enuf to run UT3 its gots latest technologie i had 7950GT and that card is Rev.2 from a 7900GT go with the 8600GT will get more FPS

Comment

This article from AnandTech will help you out because it tests the cards with the beta demo. See the chart lower down the page which displays FPS for various resolutions. Looks like the 8600GT is slightly better at lower res and 7950GT at higher, but so close, I'd go with whichever one you can find is a good deal.

One other thought: there are some superclocked 8600GT's out there. One of them might give you better FPS over the 7950GT.

Comment

Originally posted by cel4145 View Post
            This article from AnandTech will help you out because it tests the cards with the beta demo. See the chart lower down the page which displays FPS for various resolutions. Looks like the 8600GT is slightly better at lower res and 7950GT at higher, but so close, I'd go with whichever one you can find is a good deal.

One other thought: there are some superclocked 8600GT's out there. One of them might give you better FPS over the 7950GT.

There you go now you have both cards benchmarks to decide. Looks like there pretty even in the second graph. I would think the 8600 would be my choice.

Comment

I swear DX10 cards let you activate anti-aliasing?

Comment

Looking at prices on Newegg, you can go a step up and get an 8600GTS for less than a 7950GT. I've had good luck with my ASUS 8600GTS

Comment

Working...
                X