Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOW PC doesn't work right, surprise! Neither does UT3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOW PC doesn't work right, surprise! Neither does UT3.

Ahhh, this is great. I'm one of the many who can't play GOW PC due to the crashing and bugs... I just got UT3 home and installed--can't get past the splash screen. It hard locked my comp and the only way I could get out of it was to power down improperly. Yay. This... sucks...

Any reason you tell us about this?

Comment

wich probably means its your own fault. Go and update your drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by LordLuzifer View Post
        Any reason you tell us about this?
        Because these past two weeks we've had two buggy games.

Comment

Sounds like your PC is broken.

Comment

No one can help if you dont describe anything about your pc.

Comment

I'm not asking for help from anyone but EPIC. And yes, you guys are right. Since my comp can run it and I play all other current games just fine,it MUST be my comp. Epic couldn't possibly have **** another release out the door... oh wait, GOW PC... now I remember. I'm sick of having to ******* say the same things to defend yourself after you KNOW **** good and well your comp is fine.

Truth is, I don't even know if I want help, I'm kinda just venting here. I'm unsure as to what I'm going to do with this useless software at the moment.

Comment

GoW was quirky at first, but I got it to run just fine on my machine. Same with the UT3 Demo which runs great.

Biggest problem with GoW was Windows Live, which shouldn't be an issue for UT3.

How does the demo run on your machine? Have you tried it and had no problems? Why don't you tell us about your machine before just assuming that it's Epic's fault and venting about it? And if you don't want any help, why even bother posting here?

Too many people in the world who don't even try to reasonably solve a problem before assuming it's everyone else's fault.

Comment

Well, I'm being quick to get ****** because of GOW PC. Anyway, I will now try and calmly explain my problem. (after forking over 100 bucks to EPIC this month and getting nothing.)

Sorry. specs: 1 Gig RAM with another gig on the way, 3ghz/800mhz dual core, GeForce 8800 GTS.

I never tried the demo, UT is an automatic buy for me-- at least it used to be. Can't get passed the splash screen. I get a black screen and my comp is hard locked.

Comment

What driver are you using?

I'm using the 169.09 beta which was released last week for Crysis.

The 169 series in general works well with UT3....I recommend it.

Comment

163.75 and it's the newest driver Nvidia is listing. How are you finding the driver you're using? And will this driver work for me even? I'm running Win XP.

Comment

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_169.09.html

I know it says Vista, but it also works on XP, because I run XP.

Comment

ok, I just got the crysis drivers beta you mentioned. I'm gonna install them and try to run UT3 again. You being nice kinda took the wind outta my sails, I'm a little calmer now. Will let you know...

Comment

Kray,

Your suggestion ******* worked! SCORE! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!! It was never so good to hear the UT menu music...

EPIC, I formally appologize to you and to those on these boards... I was wrong. I think GOW PC got me all fired up, thinkin you screwed up again. GOW PC still has problems which I hope you fix, but UT3 seems to be running like a charm... MAXED too!

THANK YOU! Sorry Epic! I still love you guys! I'd delete the topic if I knew how!

Comment

YAY! cookie dough and nachos for all!:

Comment

Working...
                              X