Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Demo not working(modified executable code not allowed?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT3 Demo not working(modified executable code not allowed?)

Ok, so I install the UT3 Demo.Everything appears fine the install was successful but when I try to play it a window pops up saying E:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\Binaries\UT3Demo.exe: Modified executable code is not allowed. Please reinstall the game. I've tried everything! Oh and I've tried the 64bithotfix but too bad I'm not running on an 64bit partition! Please..PLEASE somebody help me with this problem! My pc's powerful enough to run crysis on high with little to no slowdown but yet i have trouble with this! I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers!

Pretty sure? Update them in case.

Yea this has nothing to do with how fast your computer is.

I got this error when I tried installing nVPerfHUD on the demo... do you know anything you did that could have modified the drivers or is attempting to play with DirectX/Windows itself -- maybe some background process is screwing with it, drivers, directX, or Windows?

Maybe videocard fan/speed/whatever monitoring software?

Comment

Ok so I checked my drivers on my graphics card and Its up to date! I have the 7.10 display driver and still it dosn't work. Man this sucks so far I have not come across anyone who knows whats causing the problem let alone how to fix it. Do you think it would help to install windows vista?

Comment

hey mate
        nah that doesnt work either
        ive got vista and it still comes up with the same prob its so annoying

Comment

I have the same problem.....

The problem begins when I installed the Nvidia driver 181.22 + PhysX 9.09 and The Last Remnant Benchmak

Sorry for my English.....

Comment

The demo has expired you need to set the date to 2008 in order to work, there are no servers tho someone should make one.

Comment

Originally posted by catababylon5 View Post
              The demo has expired you need to set the date to 2008 in order to work, there are no servers tho someone should make one.
              roflmao it works and i went crazy checking my RAM, downoding supposed "demo-patches" etc etc... thank you epic, for screwing us up once again

Comment

how do you reset the date?

Comment

ha, fortunately I found this thread ... I had this problem 10 minutes ago!

that's a nasty one, having to reset the date ... I hope I'll think about re-setting it to the correct one later

Comment

So set the date on the PC back to 2008? (date and time settings/clock)

Comment

Yes.

Cheers!

Comment

But if I want the time presented in the PC to be 2011 again, could I do it and the demo will still work, and the PC won't show the year being 2008 while the year around me is, for instance, 2011?

EDIT: When I set the displayed year to 2008, I had the following error:

[Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library]
                        Runtime Error!

Program: C:\E...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
                        Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Comment

So all I have to do is change the clock and the demo will run?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X