FPS tweak: hide your weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPS tweak: hide your weapon

If you can live without seeing your weapon on the screen, you might get a 5-6 fps increase by simply hiding your weapon. I just discovered this yesterday. Sorry if it has already been mentioned......don't remember seeing it anywhere.

This works for me, but it might not have quite the same effect for you. Try it and see....

Originally posted by rebel7254 View Post
    If you can live without seeing your weapon on the screen, you might get a 5-6 fps increase by simply hiding your weapon. I just discovered this yesterday. Sorry if it has already been mentioned......don't remember seeing it anywhere.

This works for me, but it might not have quite the same effect for you. Try it and see....
    Yea, hiding your weapon removes its need to be rendered... and a giant high-poly normal-mapped animated behemoth 3-inches-from-your-character's-face will take a fair amount of computational power to use... especially again with it animating (meaning it doesn't stay static in the videocard... rather constantly nipping at the CPU like a West-Highland Terrier buggering up your CPU usage and your motherboard bandwidth)

Vertex animations NEED to be done by the CPU. Videocards (at least not yet) are not able to move vertices around.

Comment

Working...
    X