cant move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant move

ok, i've had this problem once before and the only way i got rid of it was to make an entire new account, but i like my account so i now just want to know what makes the game do this so i can fix it.

whenever i start a game i cannot move or shoot or even exit through the menu, i just have to ctrl+esc or type "exit" into the console, another thing thats wierd that turned up at the same time as the bug is that i cannot change the brightness level, and whenever i configure the keys none of them are bound(binding them myself or setting defaults does not help)

i am using an altered UTEngine.ini but i have lost the backup for the old one, i would very much appreciate it if someone could give me the code for the default UTEngine.ini or tell me how to fix this problem

Originally posted by Dr.Crazyhead View Post
    i am using an altered UTEngine.ini but i have lost the backup for the old one, i would very much appreciate it if someone could give me the code for the default UTEngine.ini or tell me how to fix this problem
    Doesn't the game automatically create new inis at start-up when you delete them?

-> Delete the Engine.ini, start the game and see what happens. :S

Comment

tried it, didn't work, thanks for the suggestion though, why didn't i think of that earlier?...
      i'm now thinking is it the inis in the program files folder that are causing trouble

Comment

could someone maybe just give me the code for the default ini file?

i think the reason deleting it and starting again doesn't work is because the ini settings are saved to my account, so when i delete it, it just brings back the same one again

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Crazyhead View Post
          ok, i've had this problem once before and the only way i got rid of it was to make an entire new account, but i like my account so i now just want to know what makes the game do this so i can fix it.
          If ur account number 2 works fine u can try to do this:
          Go to ...My Games\SaveData
          delete account1.u3profile
          make a copy of account2.u3profile
          rename it to account1.u3profile

Comment

i would do that but i have been stupid and editted the ini on the account that worked, so now both accounts have the problem(thanks for the reply though, could be useful in future)

Comment

Working...
            X