UT3 Demo fails to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Demo fails to load

For some reason UT3 Demo fails to load for me. First I had problems with downloading that huge file (always got corrupt data...) and the last time it was a success, installed without any problems, and when I try to launch UT3Demo.exe it does nothing more than giving two windows of Microsoft Error Reporting (yes, the splash screen does not appear). Is there any fix to this issue?
    I'm not sure if I downloaded the setup correctly though, but I believe the setup wouldn't start if the file was corrupt?
    This computer is quite old actually, it has an internal Intel video card, but I don't think it is the problem as it would rather give me some kind of another error and possibly the splash screen before?
    If you need any technical data or the error report, I can post it here, but I have no clue about what data I should provide. So again, if you need any more information, I will be happy to provide it, but maybe there is a fix to this issue somewhere?

Does your intel video card supports T&L? (Transform and Lightning)
    Should be better if u gave some info about your computer (cpu,ram,os,.)

Comment

I don't know, how do you check?
      OK, my computer is HP Compaq nx9030 laptop, 512MB RAM, Windows XP Home 32, 1.40GHz CPU. I think I have the latest version of the graphics card software, Intel Extreme Graphics 2 for Mobile. I know it barely meets the minimum requirements, but I like the Unreal series and really want to try UT3!

Comment

AS said here http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/chi...lay/i915g.html ("Like the TNT, Extreme Graphics 2 has no hardware support of T&L as well as shaders."
        ) your video card hasn't support of transform and lightning.
        I think that's why your game doesn't start, most of games now requires graphical card with Transform And Lightning.
        I think you should just change your whole computer

Comment

Ahh, so all this work (tried downloading it the whole month...) for nothing... But strange, why does it give Error Reporting (2 windows to be exact) for that?

Comment

ATI Radeon 9200 card

I am having trouble starting up the demo too, could anyone provide some information why?

Sys:
            2.4GHz
            512MB RAM
            ATI Radeon 9200 card.

Thanks.

PS: Also when I open Ageia from control panel, it says tehre is no processor installed.. Does this mean i need a new card?!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkened_Sol View Post
              I am having trouble starting up the demo too, could anyone provide some information why?
              what's the real problem?
              Nothing happens? Got an error message? Plz give more precisions.

Comment

Sorry, I said i had trouble starting it up too, which means the same problem as GreatEmerald. I've installed the program, then when i run it, it won't load, i only see the desktop and it appears to be attempting to run in the background, but after about 30 seconds 2 error messages appears stating that it has to close. I can not get this game to work.

Comment

I think the Aegia says there is no processor because it is looking for a dedicated physics processor card. If you don't have one, it won't find anything.

Comment

Yes, just the same things happens for me. Ageia doesn't find a processor, but it's tests go smoothly (Software rendering).

Comment

I got a prob running it on Vista.
                      Right after the splash all I get is "The program has stopped working".
                      Under XP it runns preferctly fine.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz, 2G RAM, GF7700go - that should do it.... well, it does on XP.
                      Vista GFX driver is 163.11 - XP one is fairly older!

Comment

Originally posted by Seven Red View Post
                        I think the Aegia says there is no processor because it is looking for a dedicated physics processor card. If you don't have one, it won't find anything.
                        Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                        Yes, just the same things happens for me. Ageia doesn't find a processor, but it's tests go smoothly (Software rendering).
                        Normally when installing UT3, it is said also to install the ageia drivers, did u install them?
                        That's why the game may not launch correctly.

Comment

Are they included? I think I accepted everything they suggested, but if not, where can I download them? (I guess that would be the AGEIA page though )

EDIT: Found the version in the program, it seems to be the last one. But, as it was mentioned, the "Processor" is probably the PPU mentioned in AGEIA website:
                          AGEIA PhysX is the key hardware element required for optimized game physics and is the new third component in the Gaming Power Triangle, which drives a new era in exciting and immersive gaming.
                          Doesn't that mean that it requires some harware acceleration to work? If yes, then is it required anyway?

Comment

Sorry for double posting, but this thread needs a bump and I want to summarise my questions:
                            Is the Physics Processor hardware component required for the Physix application? If yes, then is the Physix application needed for UT3 anyway?
                            Is a card with T&L a requirement for UT3?
                            Why does it give TWO error messages?

Comment

Working...
                            X