Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 doesn't start under Windows XP + SP3

Hello,

i am a Betatester From Microsoft and not able to get UT3 working on Windows XP with Service Pack3.

I always get the Error Message : "Modified executable code is not allowed. Please reinstall the game"

How can i fix it or is it fixed in the Final Version? If it is not fixed in the final version i can wait with buying the full version, because SP3 will be released in january 2008 and then UT3 will be much cheaper

Greets,

Ang3l

Try replacing your current .exe with this one:

http://www.epicgames.com/download/UT3Demo-XP64-2K3.zip

Even though it says xp64 it might still fix your issue. I hope this helps.

Comment

No

Hello,

i tried your tip, but it does not work. yesterday i bought the full release and there are the same problems... ut3 doesnt start and i get the same message as i posted above.

It is impossible to uninstall ServicePack3, so will Epic may be fix this Bug? I bought this game to play it and not to wait until next year when Epic posted the Patch

Does anyone have a solution for me? I dont wanna format my pc and reinstall Windows XP to play UT3.

Please help!

Greets,

Ang3l

Comment

I guess you'll have to wait lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Ang3l View Post
          Hello,

i tried your tip, but it does not work. yesterday i bought the full release and there are the same problems... ut3 doesnt start and i get the same message as i posted above.

It is impossible to uninstall ServicePack3, so will Epic may be fix this Bug? I bought this game to play it and not to wait until next year when Epic posted the Patch

Does anyone have a solution for me? I dont wanna format my pc and reinstall Windows XP to play UT3.

Please help!

Greets,

Ang3l
          Well, in that case you either reformat and you don't put BETA OS SOFTWARE on your daily use PC or you just don't get to play.

Comment

There's a SP3?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
              There's a SP3?
              he said it would be out january 2008. I think Xp needs no changes, SP 2 is fine for me.

Comment

SP3 is beta, why would you want to install it anyway?

Comment

as mentioned before, i would jus reformat your harddrive... SP3 is gonna go through a lot of changes before it gets released officially... almost no point in having it installed untill its officially ready, jus dl the hotfix's that you need and leave the beta out of the system.
                  And yes there will be patches for UT3. but as SP3 wont officially be released till next year... they cant do much to fix it... try running in it in a window and see if u get the same problem, right click -> properties -> compatability tab and check the disable themes and try that also... you might also have a compatability mode to run in winXP
                  SP2 which you could also try.

Comment

Working...
                  X