Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Foot of Vision?

(FIRST!)

When I boot up the UT3 demo my computer will only render 1 foot in front of my face. Everything else is a black void. I can still see vapor trails from rockets in the distance (through walls no less) but the system just fails to render the level more than 1 foot in front of me. If I'm standing within 1 foot of a wall I can see the wall but if I back up it just turns black.

Here's my specs:
    AMD Athlon 3000+
    ATI Radeon 9600 256mb
    1G RAM

So I meet all the minimum requirements (omg barely) but I still get this kind of error. Any suggestions?

imho, ZBuffer bug, check settings..

Comment

Woo third, I'm on the podium. ^^

With such a bad videocard, I wouldn't even mind playing at UT3 if I'd be you. Hell I had better (9700Pro) in early 2002. No wonder you get trouble with the game.

Comment

ive never had this problem before...got a 5900XT and ive heard thats a really krappy card lol, its below the minimum specs :O

Comment

Hell yes the Geforce FX (5) serie is horrible!

At thread starter...

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=581533

Comment

if you changed the setting in the file that says i think forcebooltextures or something or other in the main help thread in beta demmo feedback to false or true change it back, then
            instal the latest nvida drivers for the nvida video cards in the main help thread.

I know, you have don't have a nvida card, i did read your thread but seriously it does work, well for me anyway
            i have the same card as you, ati 9600 256

Comment

Working...
            X