Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Worth the hassle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth the hassle?

Hey guys, i got back from being MIA a while.
    Was wondering if people still play this and if it is worth setting up a New Maps server for it (running only good WAR maps and DM maps (two servers actually)).
    Or is it a waste of my time?

Ok judging the replies (or lack thereof) it is a waste of my time then. Cya around when Unreal (Tournament) 4 is released

Comment

Yeah at this point I wouldn't bother zunnie. I'm still running my DM server but now that Epic is making playable pre-alpha builds available to the masses for UT4, I've noticed a drop off in players. Hopefully UT4 will be a hit when it's released and we'll have full servers again.

Comment

Well people still play UT99 - you can find populated servers pretty much anytime anywhere to this day. I think UT3 might have better longevity if there wasn't the gamespy issue that has been resolved for the most part.

Comment

Yea i hope UT4 will be great. I will definitely host a decent server for that in Dallas USA once it gets out
          Thanks for your input guys, i didn't mean to sound harsh (might have) in my last post here :P
          For now i am gonna give up on UT3 i guess.

PS: If any of you guys like to talk to me about a server for UT4 feel free to add me to Skype: MPFzunnie
          Perhaps we can work together on something? We have a 'ok' domain and a very decent SSD Xeon 3.8 system to host it on once its there
          Let me know

EDIT: Server and Website for Unreal Tournament 4 are online @ http://www.unreal4ever.com || Server @ us.unreal4ever.com port 7777

Comment

I was wondering where you went Zunnie, including your server setup tutorial (or rather, your website went down??).
            Great to see you back posting on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
              Yea i hope UT4 will be great. I will definitely host a decent server for that in Dallas USA once it gets out
              Thanks for your input guys, i didn't mean to sound harsh (might have) in my last post here :P
              For now i am gonna give up on UT3 i guess.

PS: If any of you guys like to talk to me about a server for UT4 feel free to add me to Skype: MPFzunnie
              Perhaps we can work together on something? We have a 'ok' domain and a very decent SSD Xeon 3.8 system to host it on once its there
              Let me know

EDIT: Server and Website for Unreal Tournament 4 are online @ http://www.unreal4ever.com || Server @ us.unreal4ever.com port 7777
              Cool cool, btw man, I didn't think you were harsh .. maybe a tiny bit discouraged & to the point but who could blame anyone. Thanks man for all these servers you have run through the years, I know its kind of a thankless contribution sometimes - people do appreciate having servers to play on for sure.

Great to see you still active and back in the game. <<the new game that is>>

Comment

Working...
              X