Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 Bio "Not There", but still get fragged by stepping on "nothing"?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Bio "Not There", but still get fragged by stepping on "nothing"?.

As the thread title suggests, I've been wondering why when someone fires Bio (ie, Alt Fire's 10) and the blob is on the ground, the other player can either shoot it and proceed, or wait for it to expire and explode itself, however in both cases the Bio explodes visually, but to the server it is still active and will trigger off when you walk over "nothing".

Aside from reinstalling server files, cleaning up logs directory, unwanted maps/mutators etc, is there anything else that should be done before any major operation is required?.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem?.

Originally posted by WishfulThinking View Post
    As the thread title suggests, I've been wondering why when someone fires Bio (ie, Alt Fire's 10) and the blob is on the ground, the other player can either shoot it and proceed, or wait for it to expire and explode itself, however in both cases the Bio explodes visually, but to the server it is still active and will trigger off when you walk over "nothing".

Aside from reinstalling server files, cleaning up logs directory, unwanted maps/mutators etc, is there anything else that should be done before any major operation is required?.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem?.
    Basically, you can't be running ping comp and expect reliable behavior from projectile weapons. Some have observed the invisible bio bugs occur more frequently on servers running UTComp; this may be due to many of those running UTComp's version of ping comp. At least one of the invisible bio bugs may be a collision issue, and may be remedied in the projectile+ weapon classes ala Rattlesn4kes shock ball mods, but no-one I know of has scripted that fix, and it may not be related to your issue.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
      Basically, you can't be running ping comp and expect reliable behavior from projectile weapons.
      Alright, I will see what happens by turning off UT Comp Ping Compensation.

Comment

Working...
      X