Help in hosting a UT3 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help in hosting a UT3 game

I want to host a game for my friends. Now I have opened up the following port in both my router and firewall and I still cant get a direct IP connectionconnection. Here is the info:

---> 3783 3783 3783 3783 TCP Yes
    ---> 6667 6667 6667 6667 TCP Yes
    ---> 28900 28900 28900 28900 TCP Yes
    ---> 29901 29901 29901 29901 TCP Yes
    ---> 29900 29900 29900 29900 TCP Yes
    ---> 6500 6500 6500 6500 UDP Yes
    ---> 6515 6515 6515 6515 UDP Yes
    ---> 7777 7777 7777 7777 UDP Yes
    ---> 13000 13000 13000 13000 UDP Yes
    ---> 13139 13139 13139 13139 UDP Yes
    ---> 27900 27900 27900 27900 UDP Yes

So what am I doing wrong? Hope you guys can help Runningn windows 7 and windows 8

7777 UDP should be enough for direct connection (i.e. typing open <IP> in console)

Comment

I have a huge tutorial for "A - Z of UT3" but i never released it, if i find it you can have it.
      - I tried installing a UT3 server with 3 diffferent ISP's at different times over 3 - 4 years, I never did understand it until the last + 1yr... Turns out sometimes it just doesn't work..
      Checklist:
      - 2 seperate GameSpy Accounts
      - HUB/Router of NAT stuff
      - Host as Admin
      - use multihome-
      - Check ports; Temporarily disable antivirus and firewalls just to test [not recommended but may help]
      - Check your IP with CMD > IPConfig - use "Flush DNS"
      Code:
      ipconfig /flushdns
      [Here's a rough snippet of my guide- ill look for the complete server install Packages and Instructions tonight/ tomorow]

Spoiler

here's my server startup:
      Code:
      :one
      C:
      cd\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries
      UT3.exe Server  VCTF-SandStorm_HDPhysX?maxplayers=24?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicConnections=24?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=24?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbitration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=True?AverageSkillRating=2987.000000?EngineVersion=3810?MinNetVersion=3467?ServerIP=99.999.999.999?BotSkill=5?Difficulty=5?Numplay=10?game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content -multihome=99.999.999.999 -Login=CustomServer -Password=CustomPassword -Port=7777 -QueryPort=6500 -nohomedir -unattended -log=server.log
      - webadmin for the rest
      - I did not open any ports, i use add game UT3 and run for example COD MW2 [i don't play this **** lol]- a game that automatically opens NAT for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
        I have a huge tutorial for "A - Z of UT3" but i never released it, if i find it you can have it.
        - I tried installing a UT3 server with 3 diffferent ISP's at different times over 3 - 4 years, I never did understand it until the last + 1yr... Turns out sometimes it just doesn't work..
        Checklist:
        - 2 seperate GameSpy Accounts
        - HUB/Router of NAT stuff
        - Host as Admin
        - use multihome-
        - Check ports; Temporarily disable antivirus and firewalls just to test [not recommended but may help]
        - Check your IP with CMD > IPConfig - use "Flush DNS"
        Code:
        ipconfig /flushdns
        [Here's a rough snippet of my guide- ill look for the complete server install Packages and Instructions tonight/ tomorow]

Spoiler

here's my server startup:
        Code:
        :one
        C:
        cd\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries
        UT3.exe Server  VCTF-SandStorm_HDPhysX?maxplayers=24?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicConnections=24?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=24?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbitration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=True?AverageSkillRating=2987.000000?EngineVersion=3810?MinNetVersion=3467?ServerIP=99.999.999.999?BotSkill=5?Difficulty=5?Numplay=10?game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content -multihome=99.999.999.999 -Login=CustomServer -Password=CustomPassword -Port=7777 -QueryPort=6500 -nohomedir -unattended -log=server.log
        - webadmin for the rest
        - I did not open any ports, i use add game UT3 and run for example COD MW2 [i don't play this **** lol]- a game that automatically opens NAT for me.
        I ran the batch file like yours. Had to change path and name of map and the Ip. Both IP and multihome numbers are the same. Question am I supposted to put in the my local IP in both or my external IP

Comment

* your IPv4 IP & MH should be the same, i am not sure what you mean by "external"
          * try everything on the list and get you ini files done
          - without putting the same IP in you ".BAT" and you INI not much will happen
          * UT3 PC dedicated server fix info :
          http://www.zunnie.nl/ut3serverinstall.php

- What game do you want to play ?
          - My server

Spoiler

Comment

Here is my code: I put it in the Binary folder:

Code:
            UT3.exe Server VCTF-Bloodgulch?maxplayers=24?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicConnections=24?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=24?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbitration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=True?AverageSkillRating=2987.000000?EngineVersion=3810?MinNetVersion=3467?ServerIP=72.229.177.2?BotSkill=5?Difficulty=5?Numplay=10?game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content -multihome=72.229.177.2 -Login=CustomServer -Password=CustomPassword -Port=7777 -QueryPort=6500 -nohomedir -unattended -log=server.log
            ok did the patch and it will not run after I did the patch.

Here is how I installed the Dedicated server:

1. Installed ut3 server
            2. Installed patch 5 for bothe client and server
            3. Used your script to start server.
            4. Booted server: Server failed to run

I did not edit any .ini files cuz I dont know which ones to edit

Comment

run Stock UT3 map ?
              - send the log, send me your skype name
              - We can both install a server together if you like; i dont have one on this harddrive so might aswel

Comment

check your PM!

Comment

Well I give up. Cant seam to get the server up and running so my friends can get in.

Thanks anyways guys! I'm out!

Comment

Well, just in case you are returning. Does a simple TCP server (and a TCP client) work?

Comment

thanks for the input "gowshik", great as usual.

- as for the thread i think it was solved

Comment

Working...
                      X