X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Cached Shader Map For Material

Hello,

I am currently running UT3 Dedicated Package on Windows Server 2012
    Everything runs rather smoothly, expect for when loading particular maps/gametypes,

Here is a screenshot loading Domination for an example,

Missing Cached Shader Map For Material: <File Name>

It goes on for awhile, does this just mean it hasn't loaded to Cache yet?,
    It can take upto 40 seconds > 1 minute for it to change, in this time, the client
    receives a Connection Lost (time out) kick.

Aside from just upping the Time Out Limit, what does this actually mean?.

Thanks in advanced (:

It compiles the materials your your system and stores them into a cache.
    LocalShaderCache-*.upk

The process is done once for every unique material which is not cached yet. So custom gametypes, models, maps, weapons (or everything which has custom materials) will probably compile and cache shader maps.

Workaround: Load every map on your dedicated server before publicly host (and open) it. The caching process may kick clients (due to timeout). The server is not responding to (or handling) anyting. There might be a command to re-generate the cache: "precompileshaders"

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
      It compiles the materials your your system and stores them into a cache.
      LocalShaderCache-*.upk

The process is done once for every unique material which is not cached yet. So custom gametypes, models, maps, weapons (or everything which has custom materials) will probably compile and cache shader maps.

Workaround: Load every map on your dedicated server before publicly host (and open) it. The caching process may kick clients (due to timeout). The server is not responding to (or handling) anyting. There might be a command to re-generate the cache: "precompileshaders"
      ok, That's going to be a big job considering how many custom maps there are on the server :P, Does that do it once forever, or does the cache get cleared once the UT3 service or the OS is restarted?.

I pose a second question if I may,

With all that in mind, how do I make gametypes such as Domination/Double Domination available in the vote list to change between gametypes?.
      I can change it manually from WebAdmin, but when I goto the "GameTypes" or Voting sections of WebAdmin, I do not see how to make it voteable,

As an experiment, I added "UTDom.Domination" to the Mutator's in the string, to see if it would show up in the voteable mutator's listing, but never did,
      This has now got me curious how to add voting between custom gametypes (since DOM isn't default in UT3..... Don't know why not)..

Comment

The cache is persistent.

You can add a voting profile via the WebAdmin with this url
        Code:
        /ServerAdmin/voting/profiles
        But i think these profiles are created automatically if a valid UTUIDataProvider_GameModeInfo is available.

Check the "GameProfiles" in "UTMapLists.ini" under the section "[UTGame.UTMapListManager]" to manually add/change voting profiles.

To have the GameMode voting enabled, check the value of "Allow Game voting" here:
        Code:
        /ServerAdmin/settings/general#SettingsGroup6
        Or:
        UTVote.ini
        [UTGame.UTVoteCollector]
        bAllowGameVoting=True

Comment

Regarding the cache, is it possible (or rather, worth doing), to load all maps, and then "read only" the cache file, until such point as adding more maps to the server?.
          It does tend to lose it's memory of the missing cache error. Kind of annoying since we keep our services fresh by restarting every 4-5 days, and entire OS restart once a month.

Comment

Hmm. The cache is a persistent file. It does not get cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
              Hmm. The cache is a persistent file. It does not get cleared.
              Yeah, I made a mistake (: -- But all good, painful process doing it one-by-one, but also gives me a chance to make sure every map loaded is also on my own redirect, due to caching maps I have found a few that slipped my mind while adding to UT3, and I didn't seem to of compressed and added to the redirect :P.

Thanks for the help RattleSN4K3 (:

Comment

Great to hear that you got everything working.

Comment

Working...
                X