INI Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INI Files

Okey first of all is it just me or isn't there any complete documentation about the UT3 dedicated server? I went over dozens of pages regarding setting an UT3 server up. Everyone mentions certain INI files which i dont even have in my dedicated UT3 linux directory. I only have DefaultGame.ini, DefaultWeb.ini and so on in ./UTGame/Config.

It even seems impossible to configure all the ini's by myself. Thank god there is a webadmin for the ut3 server. There is my biggest problem. No matter what i put in the INI files the ut3 server loads them but the changes dont have any effect. Settings bEnabled to true for the webserver doesn't work. Copy DefaultWeb.ini to UTWeb.ini or Web.ini.. no effect. God i hate this guessing and fragments of information scattered all over the internet. No flaming intented i'm just a little agitated i'm searching for days now to get this simple thing working. Something tells me i'm just missing a simple thing.

I hope anyone can help me, thanks in advance!

Best Regards, Randy from the Netherlands.

When you start the server make sure the command line contains "-nohomedir". Otherwise the game will split up your ini files. Then you will have the correct ini files in that same folder. Otherwise I have no idea where they will end up in linux.

At least I think that's your problem

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion Random54 Although i figured this one out, with no -nohomedir attribute it takes configs from ~/.Unreal Tournament 3 and with -nohomedir it takes them from the ut dedicated dir. I tried them both without much luck.

Comment

Working...
      X