Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[OFFICIAL] Server Crash Fix

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt_SalsaMan View Post
    Download, unzip, replace the original file "UT3.exe" with this one. As Flak said make a backup of your original first.

Your "UT3.exe" should be located in the UT3/Binaries folder on your server. Restart your server afterwards.
    hi =)
    i have a linux server,and also my server chash...
    but i haven't this file("UT3.exe") for replace,on my server folder

UT3 folder

and UT3/Binaries folder

I haven't this file on linux server...=( how can fix the server??
    another pach for linux??

can we help me??

best regards
    penpen

Comment

Thank guys ! great solution !!!

Comment

this Fix, is only for windows servers?

Comment

Unless you can run UT3.exe on Linux, i would say yes for windows only.

Comment

Originally posted by voidy View Post
            i don't have it and someone crashed the server yesterday by rapidly logging in and out. Will get this one soon.
            It does not fully fix the problems this method can cause

Comment

Originally posted by Fijut View Post
              It does not fully fix the problems this method can cause
              And who would know better than you? At Hedsteem, we have proof that it is you that attempts to bring people's servers down.

If any Epic staff or admins of other servers wish to see the evidence (Server log files etc), then feel free to PM me.

Pop

Comment

Originally posted by Pop! View Post
                And who would know better than you?
                Only one group of people would
                It would help if you really knew what we were talking about. If i recall, most server admins were warned by this from me in the first place, and they just dismissed me as being paranoid.
                At Hedsteem, we have proof that it is you that attempts to bring people's servers down.
                My IP is in your log a few times and some players joined Thanks for the thread publicity i needed. Guess what - if you set your resolution to 640x480 and low detail, and keep typing reconnect - you can recreate those logs yourself.

Maybe if Flak helped me properly a while ago this never would have happened.

Rememeber the "JOIN EXPLOIT" Flak? It all ties in. I shat myself when i first saw it, but because that exploit on it's own is actually harmless, it turns out epic couldn't be bothered to patch it = whole crash patch fails.

If i'd made another stupid youtube video, people would have disregarded it. But you know the response will be huge now Maybe epic will even patch

There is a bigger hole in the patch that needs to be investigated, however. Servers may no longer crash due to the issue that was directly patched but they can still be caused to lag greatly.

Thank you Erenox, and the last clan, you have been a great inspiration in this task, in fact you were the first to use these exploits and crashed mpuk|epic #2 which triggered the release of epic's crash patch, however this does not stop people from messing with servers anyway - Which people no doubt have been, as i found after some investigation with my own server.

Shall we just forget hedsteem publicly posted sensitive information about me?

btw, crappy video mentioned is here - 3810 servers still exploitable - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvIQ4jS-NjI

Final point to whatever happens is that servers are still vulnerable. Give us at least a proper serverside patch, if not a real patch.

Comment

Only one group of people would

Shall we just forget hedsteem publicly posted sensitive information about me?
                  What your autism? Everyone Knows.

Comment

hello hedsteem user

why do you pretend to use fk nero's name? coolcat22 on this forum is his real account: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=758523

Comment

It would help if you really knew what we were talking about. If i recall, most server admins were warned by this from me in the first place, and they just dismissed me as being paranoid.
                      I know what I need to know. And that is that you attempted to bring our server down last night using exploits and DDOS attacks.
                      We have proof, which is littered all over the place with your IP number, which is the same IP number that Epic admins will find attached to your posts here.

And yes, you are paranoid, because you assume rather more than you know.

Pop

Comment

I know what I need to know. And that is that you attempted to bring our server down last night using exploits and DDOS attacks.
                        Wrong. Obviously you're quite upset with what happened but then, maybe you should be more careful with what you say about other people.

As i said before, the servers remain uncrashable but you can still cause some discomfort to the people playing on them, which i knew before last night because of a lot of tests on my own server

We have proof, which is littered all over the place with your IP number, which is the same IP number that Epic admins will find attached to your posts here.
                        as we discussed already, i said at the time, i know. if epic even cares they could have simply got my ip from another source.

And yes, you are paranoid, because you assume rather more than you know.
                        obviously i appear paranoid to people who don't know the full story

Comment

The fact you may have tried to draw attention to this matter in the first place doesn't grant you free reign to use this in order to disrupt successful servers to satisfy yourself over the failure of yours.

You are making an **** of yourself... I won't bother with this but its sad to still see some the very few people left around UT3 on PC to be bickering with pointless topics.

The ability to Exploit something for which ever reason is not something one should be bragging about.

Have a nice day.

Comment

who's bragging? of course you think i really wanted to find flaws in the patch?

Comment

Take a look Please

Comment

look art this maybe it helps
                                http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=729546

Comment

Working...
                                X