Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 Servers?

Greetings All.

I am a big fan of Unreal Tournament 3 and I am busy getting loads of my local friends to purchase copies of the game for online play.

We live on the African continent and as such we don't have to many options for online gaming besides hosting games ourselves.

Since we do play other games from time to time and in the spirit of giving I would like to host a server locally.

As far as I have researched the only way to do this would be running an XBOX 360 with the game in it with a live account.

I just want to find out if there is any way of running a dedicated server on a non-xbox360 platform.

I have a fiber hosting location available for this purpose.

Any advice in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

to the best of my limited knowledge, you cannot host a 360 dedicated server on anything other than a 360. if anyone would like to prove me wrong and helpo this gentleman, please tell me i'm a chowderhead, and tell him what's really going on.

best regards!

Comment

Many thanks for the reply.

I will cross my fingers for another reply, but failing that I suppose I will be searching the classifieds for a second hand xbox 360 and another copy of unreal!

Comment

Greetings.

In the absence of any additional updates on the thread I would like to add that I have managed to secure an additional player.

Thus increasing my local footprint to 5 active players.....

I see a tournament coming on!

Comment

Where on the African content?

Comment

Greetings.

South Africa.

We are getting "official" live support in September, we have 10 000 "unofficial" live members..... :-)

Comment

The only way to run the 360 version is on a 360. I wish I had better news for you, but chowderhead up there is right.

Comment

Toxicehc add me to your friends list when u go offical XBL.
                Cheers
                gamertag: Sapient_X

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                  The only way to run the 360 version is on a 360. I wish I had better news for you, but chowderhead up there is right.
                  Many thanks for the reply.

I will look at getting another xbox for the purpose.

Regards

Comment

I'm looking to throw a permanent server up.

What modes or mutatators does everyone prefer?

TDM or CTF?

Comment

preference!

Originally posted by fractapp View Post
                      I'm looking to throw a permanent server up.

What modes or mutatators does everyone prefer?

TDM or CTF?
                      I am just loving spead freak and big head!

My friends also enjoy the deathmatch modes...

Comment

I had a server up last night and it was 12-16 strong for 8 hours with random ppl that filled up my recent players list

Comment

I saw the same thing on a friend from France's listening host. Very impressive!

Comment

The game is still pretty active. The lack of matchmaking kind of hurts it or ease of finding games.

I wonder why EPIC doesn't have a server up per game type atleast.

It should be released on the Marketplace cheap and it probably would grow a bit.

Rank system for it on the consoles prolly would help a lot. Thats what keeps ppl addicted.

Comment

From what I have read unless it is done by either Microsoft of Midway it will never happen....

Comment

Working...
                              X