Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dedicated Server- Where do custom maps,characters,mutators install to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated Server- Where do custom maps,characters,mutators install to?

Hello,

I just rented a dedicated server from Art of War Cental. They use "nohomedir" file structure so I'm a little confused about where to install custom characters, custom maps and mutators. Please let me know where they go, as the server doesn't have a "MyGames/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Published/CookedPC" directory. Can you tell that I've only run a listen server ?

all ini files go here = Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\UTGame\Config
    all maps with loc files go here = Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\UTGame\CookedPC\Maps
    all u files and upk files go here = Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\UTGame\CookedPC

Comment

From what Ive read, custom maps,their upk's and ini's go into /Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)/UTGame/Published/CookedPC/CustomMaps

Mutators (u & upk files) go into /Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)/UTGame/CookedPC while their ini's go into /Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)/UTGame/Config

Characters go into /Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)/UTGame/Published/CookedPC/<various folders>
      ( For example, the Malcolm character's readme says to unzip into the UTGame folder which would create /Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)/UTGame/Published/CookedPC/CustomChars & Script & Sounds. It would also unpack a Localization folder into /Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)/UTGame/Localization )

Comment

\UTGame\Config\dmconfig (or whatever folder you set as -configsubdir=xxx)
        \UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
        \UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Packages
        \UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Script

If you put the in UTGame/CookedPC (from my experience) they dont showup on WebAdmin
        Also copy the maps .ini to the config folder

Comment

Well, I tried moving the mutators' u & upk files to the utgame/published/cookedpc folder that i created on server from utgame/cookedpc. They worked when in utgame/cookedpc ( though the server had a wierd "double loading" of the map where at first it shows the map with regular weapons instead of my instagib gun before loading proper game start ). UTComp has it's own 2 folders created in utgame/published/cookedpc ( I previously had those 2 folders ( scripts & texures ) in the utgame/cookedpc folder).
          When placed them in utgame/published/cookedpc, only UTComp worked. I still had the wierd "double load" of a map with a delay before game start despite having regular wepons loading.
          Now I have the mutator u & upk files added to the scripts(u files) & textures(upk files) folders that UTComp uses in utgame/published/cooked pc. They all work now, however I am getting that wierd "double loading" of the map with the map showing up before game start with regular weapons then reloading with mutators.

The maps are in utgame/published/cookedpc/custommaps throughout all of this mutator testing.
          Interestingly, the starting map which is listed in commandline doesn't suffer from the "double loading" issue. Iimmediately shows the right mutators right away.

Any clues as to whats going wrong? I would love to have you come test the server at 75.102.38.8:7777 ][EviL PeTTinG ZoO][ - Low Grav Instagib !!

I could use some feedback after you see how the server acts.

Comment

Working...
          X