Webadmin and PS3 server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webadmin and PS3 server

Will Webadmin work for a PS3 server (hosted on a PC)? Thanks...

Originally posted by nerd3 View Post
    Bump...

I've spent a day trying to get this webadmin to work but no joy.. Is there any solution??

Comment

Originally posted by nerd3 View Post
      Webadmin is for the PC version only.

Comment

That would explain it... So how do you admin a dedicated pc ps3 server? I can't find any real documents on it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRC View Post
          That would explain it... So how do you admin a dedicated pc ps3 server? I can't find any real documents on it.
          Nicest words possible, you can't.

Epic didn't really put much of an effort into the Admin side of the PS3 Version.
          For some reason they felt leaving a ton of bugs in the game(PC and PS3) was a better idea.

Comment

You can't be serious?? Right now with the base install I can not even see who is connected aside from a count. Even if I Query the server I can not get a player list.

Surely some crack pot has found a way to get info and do some base level of administration.

Comment

have you tried asking other ps3 server users?

- send me a cmd line for a server - without you ip etc, ill test a ps3 server and see what happens..
              ^^ i can run a pc server but never looked at how to run a ps3 server- although i expect its in the documentation somewhere.

-You can also try to catch PcX on the "iamgaming" forums- its been years since ive been active there, but i think they will be there still.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                have you tried asking other ps3 server users?

- send me a cmd line for a server - without you ip etc, ill test a ps3 server and see what happens..
                ^^ i can run a pc server but never looked at how to run a ps3 server- although i expect its in the documentation somewhere.

-You can also try to catch PcX on the "iamgaming" forums- its been years since ive been active there, but i think they will be there still.

This is my start command ...

UTGame.exe server DM-Sanctuary?AllowKeyboard=true?timelimit=15?numplay= 6?botskill=4?bShouldAdvertise=true -seekfreeloading -login=XXXXX -password=XXXXX -email=XXXXX

Comment

Thanks for the Reply NoRC

- I managed to get a ps3 server running, i think i got 1 custom map to work, but no-one to join me online to test it yet.

- after that i can try other stuff.
                  * i cannot get a log file to produce "-UT3PS3_Server.log" does not produce.
                  - i get e3.message profile missing in savedata eror
                  - and how do we install custom content?

- i put a post on iamgaming, if people respond to it then i will ask if they can advise on your request.

- you can access the console command in UT3 on the PS3 btw.

Comment

On the Clanwarz website it says this:

Quote: http://www.clanwarz.com/gameservers/ [2013]
                    " All servers come with web admin with mod and command line changer, and ftp for file and map transfer. Rent your Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3 Game Server Today for $2.00 per Slot."

- so safe to assume:- yes, UT3 PS3 can have webadmin

- * i read bad stuff about clanwarz, but i would not judge on others opinion, for $2 youll get all the FTP access and files you need to configure your own server. Buy one for a month and upload the Instructions

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                      On the Clanwarz website it says this:

Quote: http://www.clanwarz.com/gameservers/ [2013]
                      " All servers come with web admin with mod and command line changer, and ftp for file and map transfer. Rent your Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3 Game Server Today for $2.00 per Slot."

- so safe to assume:- yes, UT3 PS3 can have webadmin

- * i read bad stuff about clanwarz, but i would not judge on others opinion, for $2 youll get all the FTP access and files you need to configure your own server. Buy one for a month and upload the Instructions
                      I have ammended my startup command and now have a log file by adding "-log=filename.log" that will write out all server activity to the log file however players are only referenced as unidentified players..

Excerpt from log file
                      -------------------
                      NetComeGo: Open TheWorld 11/23/13 05:00:09 173.175.44.135:58490
                      Log: Client netspeed is 10000
                      Log: CLIENT CAP NETSPEED 10000
                      Log: UTConsolePlayerController_54 got player TcpipConnection_30
                      Log: SeamlessTravel to: DM-RisingSun
                      Log: ClearAllAnimSetLinkupCaches - Took 8.40ms
                      Log: Seamless travel to EnvyEntry
                      Log: Virtual memory allocation size: 115.92 MByte (121548800 Bytes)
                      Log: Physical memory allocation size: 0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
                      Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
                      Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
                      Log: Bringing World EnvyEntry.TheWorld up for play (30) at 2013.11.23-05.00.52
                      Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.002917
                      Log: ClearAllAnimSetLinkupCaches - Took 7.97ms
                      Log: Seamless travel to DM-RisingSun
                      Log: Virtual memory allocation size: 126.25 MByte (132378624 Bytes)
                      Log: Physical memory allocation size: 0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
                      Log: Game class is 'UTDeathmatch'
                      Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
                      Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
                      Log: Novodex Terrain Creation (Terrain_3): 0.395302 ms
                      Log: Novodex Terrain Creation (Terrain_2): 1.956098 ms
                      PerfWarning: InstanceGeom: 12.395650 ms - 810 Convex, Terrain 2.337098 ms, PerTriSM 0.000000 ms, InitArticulated 0.000000 ms, BodyInst Alloc 14.385346 ms, InitBody 99.829499 ms
                      PerfWarning: NxActor Creation: 53.621311 ms
                      Log: Bringing World DM-RisingSun.TheWorld up for play (30) at 2013.11.23-05.01.01
                      Log: GAME PATH IS UTDeathmatch
                      Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.189758
                      Log: GAME PATH IS UTDeathmatch
                      NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection_30 173.175.44.135:58490 11/23/13 05:01:27

----------------------------

Which tells me virtually nothing other than their IP Address. I can't find any working webadmin for the ps3 server nor a way to query it to find out who is connected. I am suspecting even the server doesn't know who is connected?

Comment

- it looks like PS3 is still only Version 2.0,
                        - im stuck on how to install the CBP maps and the Titan pack...[becuase this is 2.1 content]

- custom content and code works
                        * install a version of webadmin that is old ... and then cook this for ps3.

* add ?mutator= webadmin to the cmd

note;
                        - maybe we can just install an old webadmin from the PC, i got the source code - i just need to cook it for PS3

- first i need to install the titan pack and up date server before i can look this.

N.B
                        -Your cmd numplay should be "?Numplay=x"
                        - example:
                        UTGame.UTMutator_AllowHoverboard

-ignore the smiley face - its ": one " - but with no space-
                        ne
                        C:
                        cd\UT3_PS3Server\Binaries
                        UTGame server VCTF-Sandstorm?game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Cont ent?Mutator=UTMutator_AllowHoverboard?bWeaponStay= true?Difficulty=4?minnetplayers=0?maxplayers=16?Go alScore=3?TimeLimit=15?forcerespawn=1?allowkeyboar d=1?Numplay=6?BotSkill=5?GamePassword= -log=UT3PS3_Server.log -seekfreeloading -login=YOURSERVERNAME -password=YOURPASSWORD -email=EMAILSERVEROWNER@EMAIL.COM

- now i cannot find a log file from this- so this makes life difficult

Comment

The log file will be in <Install Base Folder>\UTGame\Logs

I am suspecting there is no way to tell who the players are as it may actually be handled by the PSN not UT3.

Curious about cooking the webadmin for UT3 PS3... I am mainly just interested in getting player names and their kills/deaths for a leaderboard on retroverse.com.au

It suprises me that there really is no reliable information about running a UT3 PS3 server. The game is pretty solid and the graphics are excellent... just epic dropping the ball on support.

Comment

I do not own a PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                              I do not own a PS3.
                              Well then guess we are out of luck lol.

Simple things such as returning current player names when querying the server via QStat should work and not need to be patched... rather disappointed to be honest in how Epic handled this. Its great there is a PC PS3 server but the lack of control is well ****.

I shall leave my server up for now until I find another game that can make better use of the resources.

Comment

Working...
                              X