This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map limit?

I hear people say there is a limit as to how much maps you can run on a server.
    What is the maximum number of maps you can have?

I am not 100% sure, but I don't believe there is a limit. At least I haven't run into it.

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
      I hear people say there is a limit as to how much maps you can run on a server.
      What is the maximum number of maps you can have?
      I believe there is a 300MB limit on the cache before re downloading the same file, on the client side. I don't know why this cache limit wouldn't include the server also. ...so this game has limits. This is only 2nd hand information!

Comment

Hey Corndog, we aren' talking client side, we're talking server side.

The client side cache limit can be increased in the Engine ini. It has nothing at all to do with the server limits.

Comment

Well does the same limitation go for the server? Or what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Warped_Out View Post
            I am not 100% sure, but I don't believe there is a limit. At least I haven't run into it.
            Originally posted by HornDog View Post
            I believe there is a 300MB limit on the cache before re downloading the same file, on the client side. I don't know why this cache limit wouldn't include the server also. ...so this game has limits. This is only 2nd hand information!
            Hey Corndog, we aren' talking client side, we're talking server side.

The client side cache limit can be increased in the Engine ini. It has nothing at all to do with the server limits.
            Hey asshat, now you sure? How many accounts do you have on this forum?
            It's that same game engine moron!
            Have you tried it? ...or does the game over wright it after restart?
            Now ******* and let the big boys worry about this!

Comment

Zunnie,

I have well in access of any 300 mb limit on my servers. I've been admining UT servers since the beginning of UT and I have never experienced any map limitation.

The area of the Engine ini that was being referenced is for client cache limits,
              not server limits.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Comment

Zunnie,

I have well in access of any 300 mb limit on my servers. I've been admining UT servers since the beginning of UT and I have never experienced any map limitation.

The area of the Engine ini that was being referenced is for client cache limits,
                  not server limits.
                  You just had some one make a hack for you to stop seamless travel becouse of "disconnect time outs" while your server is re cashing the cached shaders on every map change because of the limit on the size of the cache shader file.

Tell them who you really are and what server is really yours! Also tell them that I banned you from my server many years ago for cheating! Small minds never forget when all they think about is revenge!

As I said, to your alter ego, doing it for many years doesn't make you a rocket scientist! ...and you make my case!

Congratulations and one more thread destroyed.

Comment

Wow, name-calling time. HornDog, weren't you the one who crippled UnrealAdmin.org threads by emptying your posts over there?

I recommend you take your personal dispute somewhere else. This is not your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                      Wow, name-calling time. HornDog, weren't you the one who crippled UnrealAdmin.org threads by emptying your posts over there?

I recommend you take your personal dispute somewhere else. This is not your thread.
                      I have great respect for you as a coder! As a person? not so much! Yes I deleted my posts mostly replies for help. I do not provide help to the same vengeful sociopaths that attack me for nothing more than trying to run a clean server! As I recall nether you nor any one of the staff did anything to stop it!

I have as much right to defend my self here or any where else i'm attacked as the attacker does who attacks me. So back off and stop pilling on!

Why don't you put this "limit" argument to rest? That's about all you can do that's positive!

Comment

I have great respect for you as a coder! As a person? not so much! Yes I deleted my posts mostly replies for help. I do not provide help to the same vengeful sociopaths that attack me for nothing more than trying to run a clean server! As I recall nether you nor any one of the staff did anything to stop it!

I have as much right to defend my self here or any where else i'm attacked as the attacker does who attacks me. So back off and stop pilling on!

Why don't you put this "limit" argument to rest? That's about all you can do that's positive!
                        Sorry, but even I can see your out of line...
                        PS. There's no limit server side.

Comment

Dude, you really need to get a sense of scale. Someone threw a pebble at you and you fire back with a tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                            Dude, you really need to get a sense of scale. Someone threw a pebble at you and you fire back with a tank.
                            Seeing as how you haven't seen the whole story I'll give you the sense of scale that is really is. Not that I have to prov anything to you.

This guy is has many forum accounts He can hide his handle but not his personality.

This guy has been attacking my web site on and off for the last two weeks.

http://horndogshouse.com/DOS.jpg

http://horndogshouse.com/DOS2.jpg

All starting with this thread.

I did learn how to harden my site so it wasn't with out some good.

So again you go off half cocked. Think what you want but just don't engage me in a flame war!

I still would like you professional opinion on the "limit" matter. Your credibility depends on a provable answer. We all await you answer!

Comment

Seeing as how you haven't seen the whole story I'll give you the sense of scale that is really is. Not that I have to prov anything to you.

This guy is has many forum accounts He can hide his handle but not his personality.

This guy has been attacking my web site on and off for the last two weeks.

http://horndogshouse.com/DOS.jpg

http://horndogshouse.com/DOS2.jpg

All starting with this thread.

I did learn how to harden my site so it wasn't with out some good.
                              Several simultaneous downloads are perfectly normal for webservers. That's standard behavior for browsers loading web sites. You host a webserver at home? Well, people tend to actually download stuff from webservers.

So again you go off half cocked. Think what you want but just don't engage me in a flame war!
                              Hey, you are the one rabidly grilling anything in sight with your verbal flamethrower. I just happened to notice and didn't dive for cover quick enough.

I still would like you professional opinion on the "limit" matter. Your credibility depends on a provable answer. We all await you answer!
                              Long story short: Client cache limits are for downloading stuff. And as for the shader cache thing you mentioned: The server couldn't really care less about these things as it doesn't render anything and thus doesn't need any shaders.

Comment

Working...
                              X