X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating server to 2.1

Just a quick question,
    How do I update my server?
    Do I just unzip the update package client side (on my computer) and then upload to the server (overwriting existing files)?
    No ini entries?
    Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

If you host somewhere like GameServers.com they include a mod update tab in the server control panel so that you can apply the patch server side without uploading anything. I would think other hosting sites should have a similar feature. If you have your own server box and are hosting it at a server farm you can remotely log into it and download the patch directly to the server then run it. If neither of these apply I suppose you would have to unzip it locally and upload files but this sounds like a disaster in the making to me.

Comment

If you have a commercially leased server, your provider will do this at your request.

If you have your own machine, you have more options. I just rename my current ut3 directory /usr/local/games/ut3 directory to /usr/local/games/ut3-4-10-09 and do a fresh install using the original server release from 12-07 and then the latest patch 042909. Then all I have to do is copy my command line to the new Binaries directory. All my config files (ini) and custom maps are still in my home directory, so all that still works without doing anything else. A linux server is pretty easy to play around with.

Comment

Working...
      X