Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 Linux dedicated / update for patch 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Linux dedicated / update for patch 3?

Hey guys!

I'm wondering how to get the latest patch 3 for the linux deditacted server? I just installed the UT3 linux server files and the patch 2 update but i still don't know where to get the latest one.

So far i installed the files from http://0day.icculus.org/ut3/and patch 2The latest file i found at this source is the titan trailer movie and google isn't really telling me any news about UT3 linux patch 3.

My last hope are you guys, please help me out.

Big thanks in advance!

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=663488

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=665475

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=671085

have fun !

Comment

Originally posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
      I know how you feel...

Comment

So you basicly telling me that there is no such thing as a linux ut3 patch 3?

Hard to belive because the Playstation 3 is as far as i know a unix based system so why is it so hard to release server files and updates for the pc?

I'm more or less sure i can't because i guess the linux server binaries did change or sould have changed as well as the content but can i use the win client patch 3 to patch a patch 2 linux server to patch 3 and still use the patch 2 server binaries to run it? It may work with the titan pack because it is just a content update?

Comment

Originally posted by aCRaSSiCauDa View Post
          I know how you feel...
          u cant imagine how it s good to read some friendly words in the server admin thread..haha...thx for that

u ll see one day we ll have oua servers patched...one day !

Comment

Originally posted by Tuxomatic View Post
            So you basicly telling me that there is no such thing as a linux ut3 patch 3?

Hard to belive because the Playstation 3 is as far as i know a unix based system so why is it so hard to release server files and updates for the pc?

I'm more or less sure i can't because i guess the linux server binaries did change or sould have changed as well as the content but can i use the win client patch 3 to patch a patch 2 linux server to patch 3 and still use the patch 2 server binaries to run it? It may work with the titan pack because it is just a content update?
            yeah i try basicly to tell that it s not easy to do it and that there s nothing official to do....u can try to do it urself if u feel enough confident
            i m not enough skilled and i get stuck on 1.2...so i cant help ya...srry

Comment

I just extracted the UT3 patch4 and i'm sure you can't use the files to patch a linux server install patch 2 because the ut3.exe file and binaries have changed so we would need the source code to develope our own server but we don't have the source and you know who has time to develope a server anyways

Thanks for your help and quick replay anways!

I guess this linux server issues are the (one of the) reason(s) why ut3 isn't really selling that good. And i also only finde a few server with real players. I think even doom3 is more popular and got more servers online

Comment

Problem is Steam users can't play on the Linux servers for now until we get the patch hopefully... I'm still running the empty servers with hope on getting the patch.. I tried vCTF and it was empty for a month.. now switched it to Warfare and it's still empty only sometimes i find a few players on for a few minutes.

Comment

since we installed only custom maps on our 1.2 patched linux....some old farts are visiting it to play rankin , ironic or new "old scool maps" like paradox; monoX;katami and co...but it s very limited....so.....we use it for internals 1 on 1 and betatesting....

but if u havent install anything "special" for sure peeps choose to play on 2.0 patched windows servers.....and all the steam users...

yes 90 % of the time it s desertic server....

Comment

There is an update for the UT3 Linux server available, it updates to version 2.1 and has as filename : UT3-linux-server-04292009.bin

Comment

Do you mean it finally happened?

Or is it just a way to sneak around the issue?

Thanl{s

Comment

Yup and it is 2.1. And to show there are no hard feelings I will have a USA patch mirror link for the nice Linux folks.

Comment

That's great... after installing the patch on the server would i have to install the regular Titan expansion to get the maps and stuff running ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by {DCS} Matrix View Post
                            There is an update for the UT3 Linux server available, it updates to version 2.1 and has as filename : UT3-linux-server-04292009.bin
                            I just installed it on mine and it still say's version 3602 1.3

Any idea's?

Comment

First i have to tell that i am not a regular UT(3) player. Now i can confess that i really have lots of problems to understand and following the UT patches. Patch 5 is 2.1 ??? Is it ment to be a secret or is it just me ... i guess i'm just to dump to get it. Why do they call it patch 1,2,3,4 and 5 and not 1.3, ... 2.1 or what ever?

And thanks for the info about 2.1 linux file, i just found it and try my luck installing it later.

Originally posted by {SBZ}_BaDaSS View Post
                              I just installed it on mine and it still say's version 3602 1.3

Any idea's?
                              All the files are extracted in the same folder and replaced the old ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X