WAR and vCTF doesn't work together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR and vCTF doesn't work together

I am hosting warfare and vehicle capture the flag modes on same dedicated server. When server start, it runs default warfare. Players can vote to vehicle capture the flag mode.

Problems begin when players vote back from vCTF to WAR mode. Now game is showing list on vCTF side, even it is on WAR more. WTF?!

Dedicated Windows version is patch 2.0 + titan pack. And I have installed web admin interface, too. Mutators I run are big head and camera control (= default on UT2004).

Is there any settings what can correct this? Perhaps on UTMapList.ini? Or is this just bug and we have to wait patch 2.1?

*) now I have removed vCTF mode from game voting

Originally posted by EmDzei View Post
    I am hosting warfare and vehicle capture the flag modes on same dedicated server. When server start, it runs default warfare. Players can vote to vehicle capture the flag mode.

Problems begin when players vote back from vCTF to WAR mode. Now game is showing list on vCTF side, even it is on WAR more. WTF?!

Dedicated Windows version is patch 2.0 + titan pack. And I have installed web admin interface, too. Mutators I run are big head and camera control (= default on UT2004).

Is there any settings what can correct this? Perhaps on UTMapList.ini? Or is this just bug and we have to wait patch 2.1?

*) now I have removed vCTF mode from game voting
    have just setup our server 1 to run warfare/ons2.0/greed/VCTF and all seems to work fine. Did lose the Hud when changing from Greed/VCTF to ONS2.0 but nothing a quick reconnect didn't sort out

Comment

Yep, I have same succeed to play on server, but that wasn't the problem. The game is on wrong list. When server is back on Warfare it is still on Vehicle Capture the Flag side. So.. What is the problem? Players who start list games buil-in browser WAR games cannot find this, becouse the game is now still on vCTF side.

No problem if the server is on players favorite list, but this kind of popular my server is not, I guess.

I think the problem is small if I just find it out. I think the way UT3 server "know" what mode it is running depends the name it use, like "UT3 WAR server" against "UT3 vCTF server" or it regonize it from map what it is running; WAR-mapname against VCTF-mapname. And the bug is just there. This server "knowing" is not working back when server is going back to its default mode. In my case warfare. Warfare is of course setting up from runserver.bat. Cannot understand where the problem is, but I guess the problem is thid kind of.. Warfare are setting up on URL command line and vCTF elsewhere.

Comment

Problem solved on patch 5 (v2.1). Nice work Epic!

Comment

Working...
        X